Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kooldino
    haha, why didn't this ever hit me?

ALso, where did they get the "millions of years" estimate in the movie? It's like they just made it up.
    Well of COURSE they just made it up.

I actually like the "unmanned probes sent to scout planet" idea... and that the invaders were less interested in wiping us out, and more interested in just... terraforming the planet to meet their ideals. Not that they wanted to keep us alive, we just didn't matter to them at all.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Saw it a couple of days ago. Neglecting the plot and the ending, it was a nice movie to watch and forget. Nothing I'm gonna see again, but keeping you interested the whole time. I didn't really care how it ended, or who would survive an who wouldn't.
      It is just a well done movie, with interesting ideas, images and pretty good acting. Some german reviewer wrote it was a movie about genocide, which might be true, but personally I think it was just a movie for the movies sake, and that was well done.

Comment

I'm watching it now. Dakota Fanning is hilarious when she freaks out.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
          I'm watching it now. Dakota Fanning is hilarious when she freaks out.
          Hilarious in a "I'm not one to hit kids, but I sure wish somebody was" kinda way.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

lol!

Comment

Ok, I finished it. It was totally worth watching... and then forgetting.

Comment

I enjoyed the part in the first 20 minutes of movie where it wiped out all electronics in the area yet a guy was able to videotape the action on his camcorder.
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                  I enjoyed the part in the first 20 minutes of movie where it wiped out all electronics in the area yet a guy was able to videotape the action on his camcorder.
                  Yeah, and all the cars were knocked out, but a REPLACEMENT solenoid, sitting on the shelf... THAT wasn't melted, huh?

Pfffffffffft.

Of course, one of these days I need to look into the ACTUAL effect of EMP's. It's not really like the movies make it out to be.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I always love how mechanical clocks are suceptible to EMP in movies and TV. At our old house we had a old grandfather clock, and the only way EMP could disable the sucker would be if it was so absurdly intense that the induced currents welded parts together. Of course at that point people are gonna be falling over dead too...

Comment

i thought the ending sucked. and i wanted to kill Tim Robbins from the moment they got into the room with him.
                      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Tim Robbins' facial expression when they first met him was so funny; I was laughing for a couple of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                          i thought the ending sucked. and i wanted to kill Tim Robbins from the moment they got into the room with him.
                          I'm told that many people feel that way about Tim Robbins ALL the time.

Comment

Working...
                          X