No announcement yet.

how do I know if I broke my toe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kicked a freezer once when I was an angry young man.. fairly sure I broke my big toe. It hurt for about a month but healed up alright.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
      I kicked a freezer once when I was an angry young man.
      So that was last month I take it?
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

A good but painfull way to check for fractures, is to take the "limb" and first stretch it aprat (which should lessen the pain if its broken) and then push it together (which should hurt like hell).

If you cant feel any difference between pulling and pushing, then its very unlikely to be broken.

Yes, that how the ARMY checks for broken bones (the manual even states that "THe patient might have lost confidence in its treater, therefore further treatment should be carried out by differfent personel, if possible". ).

~~DUkeP~~

Comment

Originally posted by DukeP
          A good but painfull way to check for fractures, is to take the "limb" and first stretch it aprat (which should lessen the pain if its broken) and then push it together (which should hurt like hell).

If you cant feel any difference between pulling and pushing, then its very unlikely to be broken.

Yes, that how the ARMY checks for broken bones (the manual even states that "THe patient might have lost confidence in its treater, therefore further treatment should be carried out by differfent personel, if possible". ).

~~DUkeP~~
          that is, of course, if you can get them to check for a broken bone. 9 times out of 10 they will give you 800mg Motrine's and tell you to drink water.

*sigh*
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

"how do I know if I broke my toe"

could put that to music.. or continue as a poem..

Comment

How do I know if I broke my toe?

"ouch" I had said, then cursed the bar

when moments before, just crossing the floor

my left ring toe caused me to think "oh no"

and my normal composure was fully let go.

You see it had

made me thoroughly mad

and contacted a dumb bell

making me shout "bloody hell"

and then roll about on the floor.

My poor little piggy

is now swollen and bruised

and I want to know

to the Docs should I go?

I'm not a pansy

If that's what you fancy

I'm a big strong man

and of nurses,

I'M A BIG FAN!
              FT.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by DukeP
                  Worrisome toe update...

I tried this technique. No pain at all. Again, I'm not entirely sure that it's not due to my high tolerance. But if Doc tells me I’d notice, then I guess I have to accept it. And even if it is fractured, if it’s just supposed to heal on its own, I can live with that.

Anyway... the initial bruise has already started to dissipate so I think I'm in the clear.

Thanks again for all the info guys. And thanks especially for that poem Fat Tone.

Comment

Working...
                  X