Insomnia sucks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomnia sucks...

title says it all. it's 1am and I need to leave here by 4am so I can get to the Airport and grab a flight to visit my parents. shame I have not gotten to sleep yet.

and yes, I'm a total dork for even posting about this :P
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Oh... I really liked the movie (Al Pacino, Robin Williams)...

Oops, you meant the real thing...
    Yeah, it can be a pain... hopefully it will pass soon... (nervous about meeting your folks? )

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

6mg of melatonin (over the counter in the US) and I'm out within 20 minutes.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

A good strong cup of coffe usually takes me down enough to sleep ( I kid you not).

~~DukeP~~

Comment

I just close my eyes and relax and I'm asleep within 30 seconds
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by DukeP
            A good strong cup of coffe usually takes me down enough to sleep ( I kid you not).

~~DukeP~~
            Used to be that way with me too. Not anymore since we drink decaf at home (due to wifes' migraine). Also, the espresso we have at my new office is great, but has a no-sleep effect that can last for hours.... must be an age thing I think.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
              Also, the espresso we have at my new office is great, but has a no-sleep effect that can last for hours.... must be an age thing I think.
              You should drink it fresh, so it doesn't age so much - remember, its not a wine.
              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
              X