eBay scammer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay scammer?

I'm selling my wife's old laptop on eBay. I got this question from someone yesterday:
    Hello,I am interested in the immediate purchase of this unit i will be paying you a sum of $280 and will be making payment right away,i shall also be paying through Western Union Auction Payment(Bidpay) and so i will want to complete the transaction in a very timely manner and shipped out immediately after you are been notify of the payment Approval and i will arrange for Shipment with my FEDEX account without paying a peny or you can send me the amount for the shipping if you dont want to use my fedex account. .if you can do this,email me with your name and contact address so that i can proceed with payment right away.let me quickly say that i will be sending this unit to Africa for my son i have chose to pay via a name you can ever trust.I will be expecting your reply
    My wife said we should cancel the auction and take the money, but all of my scammer alarms went off after the first five words.

Opinions?

Jammrock
    Danfer, Will Robinson, danger!
    0%
    Take the money and run.
    0%
    If he uses the real BidPay.com, he just might be legit.
    0%

The poll is expired.

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

$280 laptop? Must be state of the art.

Something is fishy about this. What's his eBay rating? Is Bidpay safe? I've never used it. What payment options did you allow in your auction? Seems like Paypal would be the easiest.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

http://www.p-p-p-powerbook.com/

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
        $280 laptop? Must be state of the art.

Something is fishy about this. What's his eBay rating? Is Bidpay safe? I've never used it. What payment options did you allow in your auction? Seems like Paypal would be the easiest.
        He's been an eBay member since ... less than a month ago. Supposedly lives in Alberta, Canada. He has no ranking, no reviews, no nothing. BidPay is safe. It's owned by Western Union, but a lot scammers say they're sending Western Union payment through Bidpay, and then spoof the payment recieved message. Or something like that.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
          He's been an eBay member since ... less than a month ago. Supposedly lives in Alberta, Canada. He has no ranking, no reviews, no nothing. BidPay is safe. It's owned by Western Union, but a lot scammers say they're sending Western Union payment through Bidpay, and then spoof the payment recieved message. Or something like that.

Jammrock
          If he lives in Canada, he can use PayPal like the rest of the universe. Tell him to go screw - he's a filthy scammer.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

I read the whole pdf. That was classic!
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

It's a scammer
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Definately sounds like a scammer to me. I'm just surprised that they're going for smaller amounts now instead of the high priced items.

I'd report him to eBay security for trying to make an "outside of eBay" transaciton and bypass the auction process.

Comment

[quote]...i shall also...[/b]

The word SHALL is a tell.
                    Run away from the deal.
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                    X