Trying to remember a movie name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to remember a movie name...

Ok here's a thread for us. I was tempted to call it "New MURC Game" or something, but we've got so many of those.

So here's what we do. Think of a movie you can BARELY remember. Maybe you watched it as a kid. But it's been bugging you. You can't remember what it was called, and you'd like to rent it again. Describe it for the group, and everyone else will try to figure out what it's called!

I have two, to start:

------------------------------------------------------

This movie is about ... a girl, I think. And she's staying with a family, but she's not really welcome, or SOMETHING like that. Anyway, it turns out that she remembers a hidden hiding place inside a fireplace in their house, and it turns out that she's really their long-lost granddaughter or something like that. The important bits are the hiding place in the fireplace, methinks. Sound familiar to anyone?

The next film is a post-apocalyptic piece, I _believe_ it starred Ernest Borgnine, anyway all these dirty ragtag types are fighting for food and trying to get to... God only knows where, some kind of promised land? Eden or something. The hint here is Ernest Borgnine.

Remember - I don't KNOW the answers to these, so that makes it even more interesting. I only vaguely remember them!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

second one is prolly

Ravagers (1979)
    Plot Outline: In a post-apocalyptic world divided between two groups called the Flockers and the Ravagers, an adventurer and his "pleasure girl" try to find their way to a rumored safe haven called the Land of Genesis.
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I havent seen either yet
      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dilitante1
        second one is prolly

Ravagers (1979)
        Plot Outline: In a post-apocalyptic world divided between two groups called the Flockers and the Ravagers, an adventurer and his "pleasure girl" try to find their way to a rumored safe haven called the Land of Genesis.
        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079777/
        Yeah that certainly sounds right. I figured that one would be easy, a quick IMDB search for Ernest Borgnine. The OTHER one though... *sigh*
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Hovewer I've found something that might be interesting while searching for the first one...

But probably TV productions and shorts can't be found easily...

Comment

No idea about Gurm's two, but I have one. Well, actually, I can remember a scene from a movie, but not the movie itself. I think it's a relatively well known one. Help please:

The scene is a bloke (I think dressed in overalls) on the top of a building who sets up a v. long range sniper rifle on a tripod by nail-gunning it to the roof. He shoots someone getting out of an aeroplane about 2 miles away. Maybe gets a bodyguard instead? This is where it gets fuzzy. The hero of the film (maybe?) spots the sun glinting off the lens of the scope on the gun and races across town to find the killer.

Or something like that, at least. Was really bugging a friend and I a few weeks ago that we couldn't remember the film's name. Both of us remembered that scene though (probably because the gun was quite cool )
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Gnep, the Movie is Sabotage

With Mark Dacascos and Carrie-Ann Moss

1h 39m from 1996
              Last edited by Technoid; 13 July 2005, 10:11. Reason: More info
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Is it? Wow. Shows how memorable the rest of the film was! Thanks Technoid!
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Okay, I have one that's been bugging me forever. Sorta/kinda a circus picture. An orphan girl escapes from a concentration camp or from behind the iron curtain. She's taken in by a kindly elephant trainer's wife. She befriends the elephant but not the trainer. The elephant carrys her to the doctor when she's injured falling down the stairs of a bell tower. Finally she's accepted into the elephant trainer's family.

Maybe european or disney. Pretty sure not disney.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                  X