Experiences with local anesthesia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dilitante1
    Yea Doc, back in the days of walking to school, 12 miles barefoot in the snow and uphill BOTH ways! lol
    To be fair, only one of them was a cavity.
    Back then (50s-60s) they filled every dent in your teeth, "just in case".
    This is scoffed at now.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
      To be fair, only one of them was a cavity.
      Back then (50s-60s) they filled every dent in your teeth, "just in case".
      This is scoffed at now.
      they were still doing that in the early 80's in School dentists in oz - sigh.

My dentist here changes my cracked fillings with no anasthetic.
      10 Seconds of pain with the dremmel, all done. and I don't look like a drooling fool (well any more then normal) after.
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilitante1
        Yea Doc, back in the days of walking to school, 12 miles barefoot in the snow and uphill BOTH ways! lol
        Hey....I had to walk to school through the snow!! Not 12 miles, more like 2, but it was damned cold out there in the middle of nowhere farm country with the wind blasting!

BTW: it was a one-room little red school house with 6 grades in one classroom, an outhouse in the back and a hand pumped well.

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 August 2005, 00:51.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
          they were still doing that in the early 80's in School dentists in oz - sigh.

My dentist here changes my cracked fillings with no anasthetic.
          10 Seconds of pain with the dremmel, all done. and I don't look like a drooling fool (well any more then normal) after.
          Man, that's the fun part! love it when they give you laughing gas and novocaine then codeine to dream on for the next day or so.. (this happened with wisdom teeth.. THAT was a weird experience. I was under the gas and woke up to find the dentist desperately trying to dig one of the impacted molars from my jaw with what felt like a jackhammer, and the assistant was urgently bugging him about some racquetball appointment.. when could he play? yakyakyak.. so I smacked her on the butt. Kinda hard. Silence. When the shock wore off she said in a small voice.. "he hit me." Serves her right for distracting the doc at that moment.. and it was interesting looking her right in the eye afterward and just seeing her wonder if I remembered what I'd done. )

Comment

LOL@KvH

Comment

Working...
            X