Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you thought the doors in Star Trek were cool...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you thought the doors in Star Trek were cool...

Think again:

This new design entails strips equipped with infrared sensors that open to the approximate shape of the person or object passing through, minimizing entry of dust, pollen, and bugs while keeping precious air-conditioning in.

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

wonder if it makes the SHhhh Shhhhhhhhh noise when they move
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I bet those infrared sensors didn't pick up her bag.. and carrying large objects? ha!

Comment

Interesting. . .

Comment

Originally posted by KvH
          I bet those infrared sensors didn't pick up her bag.. and carrying large objects? ha!
          Not infrared as in "detects heat" but infrared as in "sees an interruption in the beam". Silly!

But I bet they make fun noises. Maybe we could program them to say:

"It will be a pleasure opening for you... and an even greater one closing behind you!"

Genuine People Personalities(tm), here we come!
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

It looks like an rather interesting idea but it's gonna be a little while before its ready for public consumption judging from the video.

Comment

You know, the last thing we need in the present world is less exercise and more power consumption..

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                You know, the last thing we need in the present world is less exercise and more power consumption..
                The manufacturer states it does a better job at keep warmth (or cold) inside, so it should yield less powerconsumption on the heating (or airconditioning).

Jörg
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                X