Schmosef's new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Gurm,

Funny. It didn't look like the parking brake was engaged. And the warning light was definitely NOT on. But the car definitely had more pep after I pulled the release.

Oh well. It's only a rental.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

• 1. Parking brakes often engage at the first click. The light, however, takes until click 2. This is pretty standard, for reasons which elude me.

2. It's a rental. I've often driven rentals which are supposedly "brand new" only to discover that someone was doing brakestands with it before me and the brakes are FUBAR.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

• That would've been me. Sorry.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

• I know you don't want to hear this, but I think a Mazda 3 hatchback would have almost everything you're looking for.

Other than that, I'd have to recommend the new Forester 2.5 XT. It actually looks pretty good now, particularly in black. It's also faster than about 99% of cars on the road. 0-60 in 5.3 seconds!
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

• Originally posted by agallag
            I know you don't want to hear this, but I think a Mazda 3 hatchback would have almost everything you're looking for.

Other than that, I'd have to recommend the new Forester 2.5 XT. It actually looks pretty good now, particularly in black. It's also faster than about 99% of cars on the road. 0-60 in 5.3 seconds!
            My brother just got a Mazda 3 hatchback.

It's very nice... fun as hell to drive, very nicely equipped... but not exactly "rugged". Of course, neither are any of the vehicles he's looking at, so...
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurm
              My brother just got a Mazda 3 hatchback.

It's very nice... fun as hell to drive, very nicely equipped... but not exactly "rugged". Of course, neither are any of the vehicles he's looking at, so...
              Yup, exactly my point. If you're going to get a car based SUV, might as well get a real car that's fun to drive too. I luv my 3.
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
              X