Elie's new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elie's new car

Hi Guys... seriously I too am looking for a new cars here's why...

My 1995 Acura Integra needs about $2000 in repairs, and this is after I spend over $2000 fixing other things only a few months ago.

I now needs...

1-A new Brake Master Cylindar
    2-New L/Rear wheel barings
    3-new pads, they will machine the rotors
    4-A new windshield

total cost $2000, so I'm giving up on it after 287,000 km, the body is rusting like C^@P and it's pissing me off in the winter.

So I need a USED AWD car, not SUV an dwilling to spend up to $10,000

Any idea's other that the ones I suggested in the poll?

So here are the criterias...

1-No Domestic what so ever
    2-Only AWD vehicals
    3-No SUV's but I am considering a Land Rover Discovery since it's got a BMW V8 Engine, todays gas prices though may be a problem.

Thanks,
    Elie
    Subaru Impreza RS
    0%
    Audi A4 Quatro
    0%
    Land Rover Discovery Series II
    0%
    Mistubishi Eclipse AWD???
    0%

The poll is expired.

A4 Quattro. I heard the Mitsubishis have the highest repair costs, so I know you don't want to get burned in this arena again.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I also have my good ole Maserati Biturbo SI and a Subaru Forester which the wife drives and it's used primarily for the kids.

The A4 sounds good, but may be expensive on repairs?

Cheers,
      Elie

Comment

When you need them, but probably not as often as the Mits on average. Audi is just a nicer car all around, too.

Comment

definitley the A4, i wouldnt worry about repairs and such, but you will find a VERY hard time finding one for 10k CAD
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Just saw one for that on ebay. 10k something (USD though) for a 2001 with 82000 miles.

Comment

not bad not bad, be about 12k CAD i guess.

If you can dig up the cash, try and find one, it would be worth it
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

Given what's going to happen to gas prices post Katrina: a hybrid...whatever brand you can get.

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

buy a horse, then when you're done with it sell it to the premarin people, or make your own...

(just kidding of course), Doc will know what im talking about

On the lines of transportation though, I was seriously considering buying a bike this summer for going to and from work (about 40 minute ride, which works out to be faster than the bus!) on it. Only problem is, I'd be all sweaty when i got to work

Comment

I'd go with a Subaru Impreza RS cause it's less expensive than the Audi Quatro but those two are on the top of the list, either one I'd say. Good high quality long lasting solid cars.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

So based on the results, it's either an Audi A4 quatro or Impreza RS

Now let's see how much I can really spend

Regards,
                      Elie

Comment

Zokes is probably right.

If you cant get the Audi due to price, the Impreza gets my vote

Comment

The Doc makes a very valid point there. If you can get one new, I'd really suggest a hybrid seeing as gas prices will only go up and you can mod one to get 88MPG!!

Comment

Thanks Zokes and Doc, the hybrid sounds good, but what i forgot to mention, is that I would like a vehicle capable of less that 10 seconds 0-60

I live aprox 40 minutes away from where I work, of course that translates to 1 hour and 30 minute drive in traffic, I don't know if the hybrid is good for such long travels, especially couple of weeks ago, due to the heavy storm we experienced here in Toronto, it took us 3 hours to get home

Comment

That said, I'd go RS.

I personally want an RS myself, that way I can slap a turbo and people will still think it's an RS.

Comment

Working...
                              X