Noisy neighbours Solved ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy neighbours Solved ????

Finally got around building a frame and filling the back of that with Mineral wool 100mm thick and then puttin gup plasterboard 10 mm thick. Sadly working on my own prevented me from doubling it up too make sure. Carrying plasterboard around on your own is very hard.

Anyway the buggers went away for six weeks so I had to wait til they came back too see if it worked or not. Well last week they've been in noisy mode. Crashing and banging around and loud music.

Conclusion seems to be holding up very well. Most of the music seems to come in through my open window. If I leave the room the noise is louder on the landing due to the noise coming up from downstairs.

Impact. It's reduced that although not by much. Saying that I didn't expect it too reduce it at all to be honest.

Overall I feel I've got my privacy back I can't hear them talking so I presume they can't hear me and quite a few days I can get a peaceful evening when I want it now.

My only thoughts are. Have they turned the Music up too what they feel is the loudest they can.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Now buy a pair of B&W DM602 S3 loudpeakers, and cut out holes in your new extra wall just their width and height, and slide the speakers into the wall facing their apartment. Buy a 225 watt per channel amplifier and play Ride of the Valkyries for them over and over, day and night.

Comment

Nah....just get a couple cheap powered sub bass and play any Taiko drum CD you can find. Might even do a little sheetrock damage on the other side.

or maybe the Black Watch. - They are particularly effective at 0600

Comment

Dean Martin Live in Las Vegas.

Comment

How about Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music?

1.5 hours of electric guitar feedback.

Comment

If they are Islamic types playing Islamic music loudly, this might be a good selection..

Track 13 is particularly nice.

Comment

I would alternate between the finale of the 1812 overture and the toccata from Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor played on a good organ with multiple 32' pipe sets. You would have to start it when you are going out, though. Would probably knock the plaster off their wall (and your's) because, with these, you are almost sure to hit at least one resonance!
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

They're in full noise mode this morning.

If I close the windows and vents I can hardly hear them Sadly downstairs is another story. I can sense the TV going very loud when I have lunch.

My Mother does hymn job very well.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

What do environmental health have to say?
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

you know just because they play the music during 'sociable' hours doesn't mean they get to play their music as loud as they want. If you live in an apartment you have to realize you can just do as you please noise wise. Heck that's one of the main reasons to buy a house. So you don't have to deal with others and play your music/movies/games as loud as you want. Paddy, I'm sure you'ved talked to them so I'm obviously not being any help here. Personally, inconsiderate people are one of the few things I can't stand.
                    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Working...
                    X