Blizzard announcing a new game today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blizzard announcing a new game today?

Battle.net is your one stop shop into the world of Blizzard and Activision. Buy digital games, in-game items, balance and more for all of your favorite ...

If you hit reload you get 5-6 images. The images look like characters from WarCraft, StarCraft and Diablo. Obviously designed to throw people off the scent. Anyway ... people are collectively holding their breaths for either Diablo III or StarCraft II. Announcement should be available around noon today I would guess.

I would be very happy if it's StarCraft II Anything new besides yet another WarCraft-based game. I like WarCraft and all, but it's been done to death lately.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

please...please...I pray to God/Allah/Buddah and the likes.....let it be STARCRAFT II!!~!!~
    PLEASE BLIZZARD I/WE BEG YOU!!!

Comment

Oh, c'mon. "Ghost" wasn't enough for you? *snicker*
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

did that ever get released?
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

It will be a console only release in 2006.

Which puts development time at what .... 4 years? 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
            It will be a console only release in 2006.

Which puts development time at what .... 4 years? 5?

still better than Duke Nukem Forever
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
              still better than Duke Nukem Forever
              Forever doesn't refer to the title of the game, it refers to the development time.

I for one don't believe that any active development is occuring on DNF.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                Forever doesn't refer to the title of the game, it refers to the development time.

I for one don't believe that any active development is occuring on DNF.
                They probably have a midget chained to a x286 in the basement doing development on it.

EDIT:

According to Gamespot.com the announcement will be made at 5 PM PST (-8 GMT). Rumors of a StarCraft II announcement are running wildly all over the net. There is happiness in the air with aire of, "please god not another WarCraft game."

A teaser on Blizzard's site fuels speculation that today's announcement at TGS will be Starcraft-related.

At different parts of every minute, the time on the page flashes, which may be a code in which the number of seconds elapsed at the time of the flash corresponds to a letter in the alphabet. Some fans who have carefully tracked the timer's enigmatic flashing claim that it represents a number of coded messages, including a line uttered by Starcraft's Terran Ghost: "Somebody call for an exterminator?" The ghostly background image on the page appears to be a character holding a gun.
                /me patiently awaits.
                Last edited by Jammrock; 7 October 2005, 12:11.

Comment

Am I missing something? All I see at battle.net is a close-up "eyes" shot of a character from warcraft (seemingly chosen at random) and "10/7/05". That's it.

Comment

I think one image looked similar to a hydralisk. Ehh, we'll find out later tonight. Hopefully it won't just be some new Battle.net iteration.

Comment

is this all it is?

October 7, 2005
                      WoW Radio to Broadcast BlizzCon
                      While we wish every player could attend this year's BlizzCon, we understand that a large number of players will be unable to make the trip. But there is still hope! Blizzard is pleased to announce that WoW Radio will be offering live video feeds of some of the different events at BlizzCon. You can look forward to watching some of the Q&A panels, the costume contest, interviews with Blizzard employees, and several other big events live from your computer. As we head into the last few weeks before the convention begins, please keep checking WoW Radio's BlizzCon website, for more information.

WoW Radio also airs Shoutcast "Radio Shows" every day that you can listen to from your computer. These talk shows cover the latest news and community discussions about World of Warcraft. Check out their website for running schedules and downloads of their archived shows.
                      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
                        is this all it is?
                        edit: looks like the whole big stink was about the new battle.net web site
                        Last edited by Jammrock; 7 October 2005, 19:46.

Comment

Comment

Pricks.. SCII was too much to hope for, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                            X