No announcement yet.

Who's planning on getting an Xbox 360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's so easy to "try before you buy" on the PSP that I almost want to get one but then I realise that there aren't any games for it that I really want to play.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

• Originally posted by schmosef
      It's so easy to "try before you buy" on the PSP that I almost want to get one but then I realise that there aren't any games for it that I really want to play.
      Which is REALLY the deciding factor in any game system purchase, after all!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

• Ok this is a total joke...I'm getting my Xbox 360 today from Walmart.com (great satan I know ) and guess what! NONE of the games that where part of the bundle have shipped yet! Mother****ers....LOL

Oh well guess I'll see if Blockbuster has any rentals or I'll try out some of the demos you can download.
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

• There's a demo for King Kong that comes with the current issue of OXM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GT98
            Ok this is a total joke...I'm getting my Xbox 360 today from Walmart.com (great satan I know ) and guess what! NONE of the games that where part of the bundle have shipped yet! Mother****ers....LOL

Oh well guess I'll see if Blockbuster has any rentals or I'll try out some of the demos you can download.
            I don't... understand. You are purchasing a $400 game system and you're NOT modding it? *boggle*
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

• Well, my older brother wants to get the XBox360 now. Since next batch is for the other group that failed to get theirs from Winter, normal over counter purchases for UK'ers now seem to be around Easter. He doesn't want to wait that long. So he's gone and bought one now (from those selling on Amazon). Will be delivered on Tuesday'ish. Paid an extra little amount (about £99 more than retail price), but since he wants to play DOA4 NOW (well, I do too, but he's getting some time off soon, so he'll have more time to play), I think it's OK.

Can't wait to play DOA4 on his TV.

J1NG

Comment

• I've had my Xbox360 for about 2 weeks now and I'm pretty impressed by it. Xbox live is pretty neat and I like how PGR3 is tied into it and you can download races that are the "best of" in the game by other gamers.

As for game playing....I'm really into NFS:MW and have been playing PGR3 once in a while, but I got tired of getting my ass kicked in online play. I found out that PGR is much more realistic then NFS, esp when it come to Cornerning. So I'm in the process of trying to beating NFS before moving onto PGR again.

I also have Condemed, which has been reinforcing my belief that FPS shooters suck on consoles due the lack of a keyboard/mouse, but I've only played it for 20 minutes or so. Madden 06 looks nice, but is missing alot of features that 2005 had.

I think I'm going to rent King Kong (liked the PC demo and heard the game was short) and DOA4 if I can.

Comment

• So far I've been using my 360 as a media extender more than anything else.

I've been able to watch movies streamed from my PC on my HDTV. I used to burn them as DVDs; now I don't have to.

It doesn't support divx yet. So I have to use Windows Media Encoder to convert the videos but there's no waiting because I can watch the movie as it's being encoded to wmv format.

I've got COD2 and PDZ but have made very little progress with them. I usually don't have much time to play so when I do I prefer the Live Arcade games like Zuma and Mutant Storm.

If anybody wants to add me to their friend list my GamerTag is Schmosef.

Comment

• Originally posted by schmosef

If anybody wants to add me to their friend list my GamerTag is Schmosef.

Mine is Aluka98

Comment

• The mods are probably higher quality than the current 360s
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                      X