"Black Friday" sales - Walmart to go agressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Black Friday" sales - Walmart to go agressive

For those who don't know a "Black Friday" sale is one that takes place the day after our Thanksgiving holiday. Basically it's the first shopping day of the Christmas season.

It's not unusual for BF sales to be highly agressive, but Walmart is apparently going to take it to a whole new level this year;

HP Pavilion ze2308wm notebook: $398

HP Photosmart E317 digital camera: $98.88

Lexmark printer/scanner/copier: $39.88

12-cup coffeemaker, food chopper or 2 qt. slow cooker: $4.24

Sheeeeshhhh....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Of course, they don't mention that each store only gets one of each item to sell, and there will be no rain-checks...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
      Of course, they don't mention that each store only gets one of each item to sell, and there will be no rain-checks...

/\
      ||
      That is standard policy there
      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Still, might be worth standing in line for one of those laptops. Hmm... well, I can probably find a deal like that online. Anyone got a link to a good cheap laptop? Julie keeps making noise about wanting one...
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Sounds like a good strategy for killing off white trash with stampedes and riots.

edit: I hadn't read your message, Gurm.. didn't mean you personally.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
            Sounds like a good strategy for killing off white trash with stampedes and riots.

edit: I hadn't read your message, Gurm.. didn't mean you personally.
            Nah, due to being poor I'm in line with the white trash when it comes to technology. Sad, but true.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Sadly, most of the people you guys are assuming are white trash are very likely in the very same position.

White trash is just as derogatory as nigger, so quite tossing it about like aren't one (and no, not meaning you Jason).
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                White trash is just as derogatory as nigger
                I don't agree with you on that one. One is cultural, the other racial.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

And neither is acceptable

FYI Walmart is about the only place a lot of people in depressed areas can afford to shop at for dry goods etc. Hell, even I go there for milk and other goods.

At any grocery store around here milk is $3.25 a gallon, but at Walmart it's $2, and we go through a lot what with Erik, the 5 grandkids and their friends constantly blasting in and out of here.

Proud I'm not.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                    And neither is acceptable

FYI Walmart is about the only place a lot of people in depressed areas can afford to shop at for dry goods etc. Hell, even I go there for milk and other goods.

At any grocery store around here milk is $3.25 a gallon, but at Walmart it's $2, and we go through a lot what with Erik, the 5 grandkids and their friends constantly blasting in and out of here.

Proud I'm not.

Dr. Mordrid
                    We get our milk at BJ's. Similarly, about $2 a gallon instead of $3.29-$3.79. And it's GOOD milk too from local farms!

Comment

Ok, I thought about it for a minute, but I honestly don't know what ELSE to call white trash. Seriously. I use it more sparingly than KvH, I'm sure, but what else should we call the Springer-watching, trailer-owning fatties?

I don't like the word "nigger" either, but again it's far easier than "black people who insist on staying ignorant and fulfilling all stereotypes heaped upon them".

Give me a better term.

Comment

White trash and nigger are interchangeable terms except in that they are respective of the particular racial lines. Not everyone who lives in a trailer and is heavy-set is white trash. And sorry, but one being cultural and one being racial doesn't make one more or less derogatory than the other.

They are both ignorant terms that were coined by people of a different sort of ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                          Ok, I thought about it for a minute, but I honestly don't know what ELSE to call white trash. Seriously. I use it more sparingly than KvH, I'm sure, but what else should we call the Springer-watching, trailer-owning fatties?

I don't like the word "nigger" either, but again it's far easier than "black people who insist on staying ignorant and fulfilling all stereotypes heaped upon them".

Give me a better term.
                          That's a very yuppie thing to say (see I can play too).
                          Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I'm curious, is being called a nerd the same thing as white trash or nigger? In your opinion, of course
                            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Any term of that nature can be hurtful and demeaning, but some terms are far more so than others. I think the connotation there is a bit different, in that a nerd isn't necessarily a bad thing to be called. Sure the word sounds terrible, but what it implies isn't always so bad.

It definitely depends on point of view, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X