No announcement yet.

Space Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By "definition" - no. And not that many (as) would want only their country to benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
      An alien coming to land on Earth would do one of two things;

1. head for the brightest sources of light at night or most built areas visible in daylight in order to make contact.

2. avoid #1 like the plague so as to avoid/delay contact until they're good and ready, if ever.

If #1 is the case then Canada has nothing to worry about

If #2 is the case then they'll land in the Yukon or Siberia and never be heard from until they're ready to do #1.

In either case Canada having an ET policy is moot.

Dr. Mordrid

There's no need to get snarky about Canada.

You think it would be hard for me to come up with a smart ass remark about why beings of higher intelligence wouldn’t choose America as the country in which to make first contact?
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Ain't my fault if you have >50% of North America but not even as many inhabitants as Califlakey.

Besides; I gave one darned good reason for Canada (the Yukon at least) to be the site of first landing if not first contact - wide open nothingness.

Comparative intellect? I give you Matrox's management

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 26 November 2005, 17:17.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
          Besides; I gave one darned good reason for Canada (the Yukon at least) to be the site of first landing if not first contact - wide open nothingness.
          Yeah, unless they go into orbit and just drop a tiny shuttlecraft down to say "Hi!" or else use a propulsion system that doesn't involve pushing mass out the back of the ship they're probably gonna land somewhere where leaving a scorched wasteland in their rockets wake won't make too many people pissed at 'em, assuming they're trying to be polite in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
            Yeah, unless they go into orbit and just drop a tiny shuttlecraft down to say "Hi!" or else use a propulsion system that doesn't involve pushing mass out the back of the ship they're probably gonna land somewhere where leaving a scorched wasteland in their rockets wake won't make too many people pissed at 'em, assuming they're trying to be polite in the first place.
            So they could probably land on Capital Hill, to a standing ovation then
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Why would they go to poor little Capital Hill, Vermont?

FYI: the US legislature is on Capitol Hill

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 26 November 2005, 17:41.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

bah, I am still not even one coffee down yet, will worry about my spelling after I hit caffine critical mass
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

OK, this is becoming ridiculous, now some "particle physicist at the US Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Illinois" tells basically the same.
                  Unfortunatelly, while he's apprently not into computer science, he's definatelly much more credible to the public than some potician :/

Dotnaught writes "Richard Carrigan, a particle physicist at the US Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Illinois, fears the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI) may be putting the earth at risk. As reported in the Guardian, Carrigan frets that alien radio signals could pose a securit...

Comment

You know, come to think about it, there is one possibility of "viral infection" - in the form of viral meme. Not only in the sense of religion, but also for example something like highly advamced type of blipvert - if we can already cause, by using images, epileptic attack in some of people or, by using special images, cause "malfunction" in the cognitive process (optical illusions), then perhaps there's a possibility that much more sophisticated messages, while looking normal, will induce some behaviour...
                    i wonder if they could be formed based only on our TV, etc. though

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                      You know, come to think about it, there is one possibility of "viral infection" - in the form of viral meme...
                      For example

It's already doing damage
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                      X