20 movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 movies

Similar to Jesterzwild 75 bands thread, Stella Artois had an add campaign. In each of the following posters are references to 20 movies.

Beach:

Click to Enlarge

Park:

Click to Enlarge

Town:

Click to Enlarge

I'll just give one example: in the beach-poster is a reference to Dr. No (Ursula Andress coming out of the water).

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

I see the following from each...

-Beach

1-Apocolyps now
    2-Armagedon
    3-Jaws
    4-Chariots of fire
    5-The Hunt for Red October
    6-Saving Private Ryan
    7-Navy Seals
    8-The Pianist

-Park

1-Twister
    2-The Birds
    3-Lawnmore Man
    4-Jurrasic Park
    5-Is that Barney???????????? LOL
    6-The chainsaw Massacre
    7-The satelite dishes could be from "The Arrival" or "They Live" or even "Contact"

-Town

1-The Italian Job
    2-Red Baloon
    3-Superman
    4-Derby the Love Bug
    5-Dungeon and Dragons
    6-Vertigo
    7-Taxi?

That's all I can figure out so far!

Comment

Well Ellie got all the ones (and a few more) I figured out. Found a few I wasn't sure about because the imagery could be said to be from a few movies.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

LOL, I guess I have more interest in movies than in music

Comment

Mine's about equal, but somehow I tend to remember even the worse music/bands and forget some of the best movies I've seen. I've routinely rented a movie I'd seen before, yet I never seem to lose the bad aftertaste from bitter music. Go figure.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Besides what's been said so far, in the town, add Clockwork Orange (the guys in white in the coffee shop), Arlington Road (the sign that says so ) and Phone Booth. In the park, the feathers floating near the grass remind me of Forrest Gump.
            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

hmm...
              The Park
              -Narnia (the lampost looks familiar )?

The Town
              - War of The Worlds (the cracks on the ground)?
              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

The cracks in the ground are probably the one where the volcano erupted in downtown LA. What was the name? It starred Tommy Lee Jones.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ
                  The cracks in the ground are probably the one where the volcano erupted in downtown LA. What was the name? It starred Tommy Lee Jones.
                  Volcano ?

Jörg
                  pixar

Comment

LOL @ VJ

I just watched War of the Worlds and the cracks in the picture are extremely similar, so Belwarrior may be corrent.

Comment

Acutally, the movie poster campaign is from a while back, *before* War of the Worlds came out here.

Jörg
                      pixar

Comment

Working...
                      X