End of Monday Night Football on broadcast TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jammrock
    That and the sport culture is pretty ridiculous. There's a Denver native at my congregation that rubs it in every time the Broncos beat the Chiefs.
    I'd never seen a rivalry like that one until I moved here. Those two teams HATE each other. You'll even see "Chiefs suck" bumper stickers. Also, "Red Wings suck."
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
      I'd never seen a rivalry like that one until I moved here. Those two teams HATE each other. You'll even see "Chiefs suck" bumper stickers. Also, "Red Wings suck."
      The Chiefs/Broncos rivalry is NOTHING compared to the Chiefs/Raiders rivalry. "Raider Hater" is the term used here.

For those in the UK, it's similar to the Manchester United vs. Arsenal rivalry.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
        The Chiefs/Broncos rivalry is NOTHING compared to the Chiefs/Raiders rivalry. "Raider Hater" is the term used here.

For those in the UK, it's similar to the Manchester United vs. Arsenal rivalry.
        Well try living in Massachusetts! Between the Cult of the Red Sox and the Patriots Acolytes, you can't go ANYWHERE without being clobbered over the head with "Sports Culture". It's so pervasive that it's impossible to escape!
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Try living in Oklahoma where you have the Bedlam rivalry between the OU Sooners and the OSU Cowboys. For college football, it's one of the best there is.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

All of that is amature night.

NOTHING is like the Ohio State University - University of Michigan rivalry, which has been going hot and heavy for over 100 years with absolutely no sign whatsoever of abating

Outsiders can't come close to believing how intense that rivalry gets as "The Big Game" approaches given that they're <200 miles apart....well within "prankster" range.

Sheeeshhhh.....

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 December 2005, 21:14.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

sorry, but you guys were asking for it!

P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Sounds like your typical lineman

In high school I was a defensive tackle....the smallest on our team at 6'1.5" and 240 lbs., and did indeed once play with a broken bone: a greenstick fracture of the left ulna. The team doctor just put a 1x2 piece of oak across the break, wrapped a fiberglass cast over the arm and taped a plastic shield around it. Next quarter the coach sent me back in.

Nice club that cast

The "big gun" defensive tackle was 6'9" and 310-320 lbs & fast as hell. The variance in his weight depended on how big his breakfast was

Needless to say our league was the "black and blue division" of SE Michigan high school sports.

Dr. Mordrid
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 December 2005, 01:45.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                X