• Jarhead

So, anybody seen it?
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Not yet.

Comment

Jesus walks with me.

Comment

?

(BTW, I'd really like to hear what you lot have to say about the movie - if you've seen it.)

Comment

"Jesus Walks" is a song by Kanye West (hip-hop artist/rapper) that was played on the radio a good deal despite being somewhat controversial. The relevance here is that it was a theme of sorts for the movie in trailers and I believe, in instrumental form, during the closing credits.

Haven't seen the movie yet but I'd like to, but it appears to be one of those that you either like or you don't. A couple friends said they enjoyed "Three Kings" better as a commentary on war. Take that as you will.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Since I didn't see "Three Kings", I can't take this at all

I liked "Full Metal Jacket" better, but that's a) Kubrick, b) another War, and c) concentrates on completely different aspects of war (partly because the two conflicts are so different), so you can't really compare the two. I didn't know what to expect of Jarhead because I deliberately read noting about it before watching it, and must admit it took a few moments to sort what I think the movie wants to say, because it, to me, didn't seem as straightforward as FMJ.

Comment

Working...
            X