New Orleans hammered again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Orleans hammered again

More recent reports say that a powerful storm that spawned at least 2-3 tornados hit the New Orleans metropolitan area.

That town just can't get a f*****g break

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

this is just insaneeeeeee
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Now if you just insert the word "Mayor" after "Orleans"... that's the first thing I thought when I read this topic. That guy is a SPACE CADET!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Finding it a little hard feeling sorry for the city. Then again I grew up in Florida and live in Oklahoma, where you quickly learn, shit happens and nature is relentless about making sure you understand that.

I do feel sorry for the people who once lived there and are now having to rebuild.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I hate to say it, but how many times do they need to get hit by something in that area to be convinced not to rebuild a city in a fishbowl.

Comment

One of the few USA cities I'd really like to visit, other than that, rylan's probably right.
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
              One of the few USA cities I'd really like to visit, other than that, rylan's probably right.
              Make that "would like to have visited". It's just never going to be quite the same. Talk about a city with a lot of history... GONE.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Yes, maybe that should have been past tense. TBH I haven't followed how NO looks now, post-flood.
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                  Make that "would like to have visited". It's just never going to be quite the same. Talk about a city with a lot of history... GONE.
                  I don't know about that. The French Quarter survived quite well, since it was on a hill.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

i think its interesting how people were saying they were looting because they had nothing and they needed food. and they are now looting peoples homes who havent returned for EVERYTHING.
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
                    X