No announcement yet.

roflmao!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"666" or "616 as the "number of the beast" actually are references to Emperor Nero (aka: Neron, hence two different numbers) of Rome in that they're the numerological equivalents of his name.

Ex: translate the latin Neron Cæsar into Aramaic and you get "nrwn qsr", which when using the numerologic equivalents adds up as follows:

Nun=50
    Resh=200
    Waw=6
    Nun=50
    Qoph=100
    Samech= 60
    Resh=200

Total=666

An alternative is that 666 represents humankind. Six is an "imperfect number" because it is one short of 7, the "perfect number" (seven days in the week, seven tongues of flame, seven spiritual gifts...). So three (the number of the Trinity) sixes is seen as extremely imperfect. Therefore, 666 represents imperfect man, while 777 represents God.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 February 2006, 09:51.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

No way that 666 is going to leave people's mind at this point. I have no affiliation with any of the christian religions but I've known the whole "number of the beast" bit for a long time. I guess this is how new legends and lores start.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

ok, if anyone else wants to place an order with Mr. Greek and get the $66.66 so that they can demand a nice looking beer glass, here's the order:

- two classic pork souvlaki dinners
        - one steak sandwich
        - one chicken filet in a pita
        - two sides of roast potatoes
        - one order of hummus
        - 4 bottles of soda

Theology aside, that was the order of the Beast!

We were all full.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
          Stella Artois is the spawn of the devil, so quite fitting really. Over here it's known as "wife beater" for very good reason. People do silly things when stella-d up.
          I beg to differ, I drank enough of that stuff and didn't do silly things... or did I ?!
          Though I generally drink Becks, Tuborg and some local brands.

Comment

I prefer 664, neighbor of the beast.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

From the ever funny http://cheston.com/pbf/archive.html
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
              X