Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info on bush's insane port operations deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Umfriend
    You know, I was completely in the dark but your posting SD made it all clear to me. As ever.
    nothing in particular... just found this thread generaly funny.....
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

I am thinking that perhaps because of your dyslexia you indeed read funny things??
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I knew a guy once - not Spiral, this was some whacko who saw one of my posts on some PHP forum a few years back - who claimed he was dyslexic. But in reality, he was just retarded.

He kept talking to me, and at first I made the mistake of answering his programming questions - y'know, wanting to be a helpful guy. I'm not a curmudgeon ALL the time, just when posting on non-technical forums.

Anyway, this guy didn't exhibit ANY of the traditional dyslexia symptoms. I mean, he kept saying he was dyslexic, but he never seemed to get letters in the wrong order (I know that dyslexics are unlikely to TYPE the letters in the wrong order). He was just... stupid.

Finally one day he was all depressed and he starts venting. The thing he said that clinched it for me was:

"My family makes me so mad. They keep telling me that I'm slow/retarded, but I know I'm dyslexic. They said they even had me tested and I wasn't dyslexic and I was retarded, but I'll show them!"

I eventually had to stop communicating with him because he was really irritating - and easily angered, like many... uh... retards. (Remind me sometime to tell my angry retard story... It's kinda funny but also kinda sad.)

So I have mixed emotions regarding him. On the one hand, it's commendable that he wanted to rise above his limitations! On the other hand, it's kind of sad that he had convinced himself that he was dyslexic... when in reality he was just an idiot.

I suppose the relevance here is that Spiral, being of reasonably sound mind and horribly borked input filter, might in fact see things that are amusing in what we say.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
          I suppose the relevance here is that Spiral, being of reasonably sound mind and horribly borked input filter, might in fact see things that are amusing in what we say.
          Nothing wrong with his input. His output on the other hand...

But he is absolutly right, this thread is more amusing than some of the other arabphobia that gets posted in these forums.
          /meow
          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
          Asus Striker ][
          8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
          Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat
            But he is absolutly right, this thread is more amusing than some of the other arabphobia that gets posted in these forums.
            What "arabphobia" are you talking about?
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Senator: UAE firm to transfer port operations to U.S. 'entity'

Sources: House, Senate leaders tell Bush deal appears dead

Comment

They say they are transfering the ports to a yet undisclosed US entity ... sniff ... sniff ... I smell Haliburton.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                  They say they are transfering the ports to a yet undisclosed US entity ... sniff ... sniff ... I smell Haliburton.
                  LAMO
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

sorry guys...

Dubai Port Capitulation Likely Fraudulent

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
                      LAMO
                      Not really funny. Haliburton is likely the only US company that could do the job. I trust the UAE more than them though.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                      X