End of childhood ear infections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of childhood ear infections?

GAWD I certainly hope so. Eldest son Kurt was plagued by them until having surgery to implant ear tubes. Sabrina just missed same. Chris and Erik have fortunately missed out on this problem.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

You said it Doc,
    My girls had a few of them, no where as serious as your grandkids, but they always happened on Friday nights. Thank you baby advil.

Comment

Those aren't our grandkids, they're our children

Fortunately the grandkids, all 5 of 'em, are so far OK.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Man. I had plenty of those as a kid. Unfortunately I just had a bad one last month that ruptured my eardrum. It's supposed to heal, but I'm currently deaf. It sucks.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I guess that not long from now, due to eliminating of infections, we'll see how much of this is true:

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
            Man. I had plenty of those as a kid. Unfortunately I just had a bad one last month that ruptured my eardrum. It's supposed to heal, but I'm currently deaf. It sucks.
            Yikes! Sorry to hear that. How long did they say it would take to heal?
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
              I guess that not long from now, due to eliminating of infections, we'll see how much of this is true:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hygiene_hypothesis
              It's almost certainly true. People's immune systems need to be challenged in order to stay strong. Eat a piece of slimy lunchmeat that's way past its expiration date. It's good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                Yikes! Sorry to hear that. How long did they say it would take to heal?
                A few weeks to under two months. Tomorrow will be exactly two weeks from when it popped. It's still useless. Took a few days for the infection to go away anyway.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Just in one ear? Hopefully you will regain your hearing there.

Comment

Working...
                  X