Charges dropped in teacher sex scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charges dropped in teacher sex scandal

Well, I have mixed emotions about this one.

But if I was the 14 year old I'd be charging other kids to smell my fingers.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

I think everyone who even thinks about sex should be publicly burned alive.

Comment

That was sarcasm, by the way.

Looks like the "cure" is a lot worse than the "sickness":

He has suffered extreme anxiety from the media attention and does not want to testify, a psychiatrist previously told Stancil.
      I wouldn't testify either.. in fact, I would be pissed off that my out of control mother dragged my lover through the mud like that.

Comment

I remember a couple of films that seem to look at this sort of thing in a shockingly normal way..

Interestingly, the guy in this one was married to Olivia Newton-John (11 years his senior) for 10 years.

(This one's a Disney film!)

If I were more familiar with French movies, I know I could list a dozen more.

When I was 15, I had an English teacher Who was oh, 28 or so.. and every guy in the class was nuts about her, including me. An extremely beautiful, fine, sweet woman.. but she was married, unfortunately. That was the barrier we thought of then.. not her age. That should have been the issue in this case, but the sanctity of marriage is more of a joke now than ever.
        Last edited by KvHagedorn; 22 March 2006, 01:06.

Comment

This is BS. If the sexes had been reversed, people would be calling for castration of the teacher.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
            This is BS. If the sexes had been reversed, people would be calling for castration of the teacher.

Exactly
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

So, Wombat, what's the scandal in this?
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Absolutely, and being manic-depressive is no excuse, either, because she should not have been teaching with such a condition. She raped the child, half her age, even if his hormones were raging and she should get life, suspended for medical treatment if her mental condition is real, inscription on a sex-offenders' list and a lifetime ban on any job that brings her in contact with children. The one I pity is the kid - he will probably be condemned to poor relationships with the opposite sex for the rest of his life.
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Sigh. Gotta love how she blames the whole thing on her being bipolar. She's shown no true remorse over the whole affair and, bipolar or not, that points to the truth more than anything. I'm with the judge on this one. If the boy was willing enough to go through with a relationship like that, then he can damn sure face whatever consequences there may be, even if that requires testifying in court.

Probation in Hillsborough? That's laughable. Basically if she can avoid getting caught again then she's fine after that initial 3 years of house arrest. I say avoid being caught again, because if she's truly bipolar she will stop taking the mediciation she's prescribed, and they will prescribe her medicine as that's how they treat the majority of the time.

Bah. Whatever happened with people taking responsibility for their actions?
                  “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                    Of course they would.. even if it was true love. This is the one thing society sanctions as hateworthy, so everyone flocks to lynch them.

Comment

Has nothing to do with being hateworthy. It's all about abuse of power, or rather from a position of. I rather doubt that most people really care about the whole age aspect of the case, but they do care about someone knowingly and willingly using their position in a hormonal teenagers life to fulfill whatever desires she may have (had). With multiple boys at that. Granted these boys are far from victims and I doubt either of them truly regret getting laid at such an age. Bragging rights for years to come.

As the teacher is female and the "victim" a boy, it's inevetible that the reaction would be different than had the sexes been reversed. We perceive, and always have, that a woman who commits such an act is immoral and destitute, while a man would be seen as sick and perverted. The difference is with the sex of the "victims" as well, and I rather doubt anyone with a son and daughter need that explained. I'd be upset if this happened to my son, I'd be at the teacher's door with a shotgun (exaggerating here obviously) if it was my daughter. That all said, the community in Tampa is no less upset about the case and the verdict than they would have been had the sexes been reversed. Couldn't expect anyone to know that though.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                        ...even if it was true love...
                        What are you talking about?
                        A 14 year old can not make an informed judgment about "true love".
                        So I guess you leave that decision up to the pediphile?
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

My mother was 14 when she was married, my father 16.
                          Mind you this was back in the old country, where there was much more responsibilty at an earlier age.
                          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Well, while 14 is a LITTLE young... did you guys SEE this chick? She's HOT!
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                              Well, while 14 is a LITTLE young... did you guys SEE this chick? She's HOT!
                              Actually, by Tampa standards, she's moderately attractive...

Now if the boy wanted to make his first time something special, he should have should paid a visit to Mons Venus on North Dale Mabry...

Comment

Working...
                              X