New Star Trek Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Star Trek Movie

Sounds interesting....even have JJ Abrams Directing it..so could be a change for the good

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Yeah, but ... how the hell are they supposed to get decent Kirk and Spock look-alikes for the part?
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Interesting. Obviously the actors they get to play the younger versions of these almost iconic, beloved characters will be the subject of much debate. *Damn, Jamm beat me to it

I've never been even close to being a Trekkie, but I've always liked the franchise save for a couple of the latter series. It'd be nice to see some new life breathed into it all, especially with characters we already know. Reminds me of the direction (to a degree) that Lucas is taking with the Star Wars TV show that is supposed to revolve around someone's formative years.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Makes one think about getting blood from a turnip and beating dead horses.

Added:
        And I use to be a fan.

Comment

They need to watch ST IV over and over.
          That would be the key to getting this to work, especially with new actors in the roles.
          Then they might pull it off.
          I hope they do.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

1. THESE BASTARDS ARE RIPPING ME OFF AGAIN! Restarting the franchise from the beginning, with a young Kirk and Spock meeting at Star Fleet Academy, was my idea! (and probably the idea of virtually every other trekkie out there...)

2. Star Trek is in very perilous waters these days. Back in the olden times it had Gene Roddenberry as its guiding light. After he died the franchise started a slow spiral down the tubes, culminating with "Enterprise."

Although they have a large body of 'canon' to work with in the form of the various series' and movies, the future is completely uncharted and now in the hands of someone of questionable dedication to Roddenberry's original vision. If this goes badly, it could really be the final death-knell for Star Trek.

Kevin

Comment

It's going to tough watching a whole new set of actors portay Kirk, Spock and the gang after all those years. It may work and it may not.

Also will it be based on old generation technology like the first enterprise? or will they use a ship with the best technology there is?

This is what (I believe) brought the tv show Enterprise to it's demise.

Elie

Comment

It'll be tough to see how they handle the tech with so much of it looking to come about much sooner than 300 years from now. Even the idea of having to talk into a device to get messages back to the ship seems a bit retro

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

P.S.

Yahoo has a later, and more informative, article here;

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                  X