Too Soft On Crime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Soft On Crime

We certainly seem to have a problem with sentencing in this country.

Local paper.

15 year old after watching a Happy Slapper Film on his phone decided to have some fun with a 36 year old. When the 36 year old didn't take the bait the yob hit him the face causing the man to fall and bang his head resulting in his death.

The yob went round bragging what he'd done clearly showing no remorse. His sentance 3 years. Now he'll have served some already and will be let out for good behavour so six months to a year in Jail.

Sorry far too short.

No wonder Violent Crime is rising and will continue to do so.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Here he would be tried as an adult (15 & up) for at least felonious assault or aggravated manslaughter and quite possibly 2nd degree murder (not premeditated).

Time would be from ~5 years to natural life, and many states have severely restricted or totally eliminated parole for violent felonies.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 May 2006, 13:16.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Dunno why we got such a problem in dealing with Crime be it Yobs or People who are older. Just send them down and if we need more jails build them.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Not PC in the UK for judges to bring down the hammer I guess

Here most judges would almost jump on top of the bench & scream the max sentence in the kids face. One of our local judges (former cop whose 1st wife was killed by a drunk driver) specializes in reducing smartassed punks to tears with his "lectures" before lowering said hammer.

Damned near the best show in town
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 May 2006, 07:47.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Put a bullet in em and go on. Too many damned people in the world today anyhow. Use the money you'd spend on jail to send a deserving poor kid to college.

DUH!

Comment

Happy Slapper Gets Owned

Comment

a british stereotype. male chavs wear fake burberry (bought from sketchy market stalls), trainers, fake gold jewellry, and anything they can get from the sports soccer sale. they are seen with cigarettes, drugs and cheap alcohol(eg strongbow or tesco value lager). they also wear a massive tacky fake diamond in their ear. chavettes wear massive hoop earrings, shitloads of foundation (the oranger the better), fake designer brands , fake uggs, fake tan, fake anything. chavs live in council houses and will steal your bike. make sure you don't make eye contact or they'll yell at you in your face, you wont understand what their saying though.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                Fake.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                X