'Blade Runner' Re-Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Blade Runner' Re-Release

First, a restored and remastered DVD version of the 1992 Director's Cut will debut in September in the U.S. for a special four-month limited release, after which it will be placed on moratorium by WHV.

Later in 2007, to celebrate the film's 25th anniversary, the studio will unveil "Blade Runner: The Final Cut," Scott's definitive new version of his science-fiction masterpiece. The film will be released theatrically in select major U.S. cities, followed by a multi-disc Special Edition DVD release which will also contain three alternate versions of Blade Runner: the Original U.S. Theatrical Cut, the Expanded International Theatrical Cut and the 1992 Director's Cut. Ample, ground-breaking bonus features will also be included.
    It's sometimes hard to sit through, but this is one of my favorite movies. Glad to see it finally getting the proper DVD-treatment it deserves.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

It's the final cut I've been waiting for - apparently the only version that Ridley Scott is actually happy with - I'm glad it's finally being released.

When I was doing my MSc it was in the postgraduate architecture dept of Edinburgh Uni - most of the professors there were obsessed with philosophy and the spirituality of technology - see this (very good) book (titled Technoromanticism) by the dept head there. So of course the whole dept worshipped Bladerunner and got to know it very well! In fact I would say that it's probably the film with the most papers / theses written on it academically, discounting film school.

Comment

Another interesting side point: shortly before his death Philp K Dick was shown the film and, with some amazement, he said that that it looked just as he had imagined it. Props to all concerned

Also; his short story Golden Man is being filmed with a cast that includes Nick Cage and many others. New post forthcoming.....
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 May 2006, 11:20.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I wonder what Philip K. Dick would have thought of this movie.

The subtitle of the book is "do andriods dream of electric sheep". The book says 'no'. The movie says 'yes'.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

What a great movie.. I liked the original better than the director's cut, just because I was expecting the narration and it was weird to have it be absent.

Comment

Working...
          X