I did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it!

For the first time in my life, I went on a rollercoaster that went upside down!

It was in Walibi, the rollercoaster is called Vampire: http://www.rcdb.com/id922.htm

Here is a movie of the attraction (from a passenger point of view) which I found on the internet:

It was great!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Many happy returns

Need to get you over here for a 'grand tour' of US coasters

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

When will we see a video of you doing that trick with your plane?
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

You obviously haven't seen Final Destination 3

nah seriously, that's a nice coaster. My last one was this one:

Doesn't look too impressive, but it's nearly 50m high and you have *no* over-the-shoulder restraints:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Rakido; 8 June 2006, 06:44.
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

The Vampire is ony of my favorites in Walibi , but you should check out the Typhoon in bobbejaanland it's awesome.
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I can't go on any rides anymore, I get really sick for hours, even if I go on ONE stinking ride.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

You have to try Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point in Ohio. It's amazing. All of the following is done with just a lap bar, no shoulder restraints:

Inch forward to drag stip style lights
              Wait for the lights to go green
              Accelerate from 0-120mph (0-190km/h) in under 4 seconds (don't bother trying to breath during this part )
              Go vertical, and climb 420 ft while doing a 90 degree twist
              Go over the top, and then straight back down 420 ft with a 270 degree twist.
              Coast back into the station.

Only 23 seconds from start to finish, and it's the best coaster I've ever been on.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

@agallag: My roomate showed me a slideshow of that ride, and at the end it shows a pic of this really cute girl who peed her pants, hehe.

Seems like a thrill indeed! Too bad I'd probably get sick for a day and a half afterwards though.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

TTD is indeed capable of making some lose control

Personally:

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                    I can't go on any rides anymore, I get really sick for hours, even if I go on ONE stinking ride.
                    I've got the oposit problem, the older I get the less I'm affected by these rides
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

There was a documentary about the the Top Thrill Dragster on the national geographic channel a few weeks ago.
                      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Working...
                      X