Fantastic Four 2....plus one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Four 2....plus one

Starts filming in August with the original cast & characters plus.....

SILVER SURFER

In a recent interview with USA Today Jessica Alba said fans can expect "Silver Surfer" to appear in Fantastic Four 2.
    "We start Fantastic Four 2 in August," said Alba.

"The four of us learn that there are other people out there with superpowers, and the Silver Surfer appears as a villain/hero.

"My character, Susan Storm, has another love triangle and may use a power people haven't seen before. She's the most powerful of the four."
    First appearing in the March 1966 "Fantastic Four" #48, the Silver Surfer was an emissary for the world devouring entity Galactus.

Cool

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 June 2006, 15:18.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

That could be interesting. Most of the recent screen-adaptations of popular comics have steered away from the 'weirder' aspects of said comics. So it'll be interesting to see if they mention the whole Galactus end of things.

The first movie was decent enough, so hopefully they can bring this sequel up to the level of say, X2.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Alba's mention of SS as a "villain/hero" makes me think the Galactus storyline is in play. If so then another appearance by Dr. Doom is also likely.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

That _is_ cool. As JW pointed out, the recent movie adaptations have stayed FAR FAR FAR away from some staples of the Marvel Universe:

1. All marvel comics take place in the same universe. Crossovers aren't just routine, they're the RULE. All the various mutant groups, hero groups, etc. are always butting heads with one another.

2. There are aliens. Lots of aliens. Lots and lots of aliens. Some of them are friggin' ginormous. And some ride silver surfboards. Weeeeeird.

3. Astral plane, alternate realities, travel from dimension to dimension - all are commonplace.

It would be AWESOME if they finally broke this mold, simply because it would allow them to more closely follow some of the better stories.

Now for a Dr. Strange movie! MUHAHAH!
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Not live action but;

February 6, 2006

The upcoming Lionsgate/Marvel "Doctor Strange" direct-to-video animated feature will feature dreaded comic book demon 'Dormammu' as a villain.

"Doctor Strange" is the fourth film in the new Marvel super hero cartoon catalogue, following two "Ultimate Avengers" films and "Iron Man".

Release of "Doctor Strange" is due early 2007
          Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The Silver Surfer without Galactus is like the Incredible Hulk without gamma rays. It's the character's origin and motivation.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X