Manners a free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manners a free

Nothing more annoying that arrogant rude sales assitants.

I come to pay put in my pin number hand it back and the guy goes "You've put in the pin number wrong" Slams the machine on the desk several times "Do you know your number" in an rude manner "Yes of course I do" So he waves the machine around "The machine is wrong" hands it back and I put the number back in which works first time. The guy makes a few more smart comments as I walk out so I call him an ****ole.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Originally posted by The PIT
    so I call him an ****ole.
    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

I would've done more than that!
      Grabbed him in a lock called his manager and explain the situation while he is in extreme pain, then let him go after say 15 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
        I would've done more than that!
        Grabbed him in a lock called his manager and explain the situation while he is in extreme pain, then let him go after say 15 minutes
        If I did that I'd end in Police cell and lose my job.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

TP, I really gotta get you out here one day.
          Customer service is just fantastic, seriously fantastic.
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Which is exactly why I dread the day Dan comes and visits us here, he'll never want to come back

Seriously, service in Japan is excellent, even when they have to deal with a silly gaijin like myself.
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I would be super happy to help customers if I got to charge them Japanese prices, though.

How much is a cab ride from the airport to central Tokyo? $200?

Comment

actually about $120, but seeing as the airport is about 60 mile away...
                though the train fair is about $10, and seeing as its quicker then the car, and the train terminal is downstairs in the airport...

As for Japanese prices, I get 5star service in macdonalds here. its not a price thing, its a respect thing.
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Honestly prices as a whole aren't that much different than here in the US, and any extra cost definitely goes towards the quality of what you're getting.

In addition to it being about respect, on the part of the people in the service industry it's also about pride in doing their job. Which is something you won't usually find at a McDonald's here.

Comment

You won't find that in a MCD in the US or Germany because the clerks just reflect the respect they get from their employer, which is none.
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

That may be true, but that doesn't stop someone from taking pride in the work they're doing. It's a personal decision to do the best job you can despite any other circumstances. If you can't do your job to the best of your ability then you need to work somewhere else.

My first true job was at McDonald's. I've had far worse jobs at far better paying places, but regardless, I've always felt it important to maintain a high work ethic.

Japan is a bit different than the US or elsewhere because of the way in which pride in one's work plays into the rest of the society and/or culture. We used to have that here as well, but at all the various jobs I've held, I see it only in fleeting glimpses.

Comment

You're right, to an extent. I work as a supermarket cashier, and I am very very friendly to customers (which is not expected and which I'm certainly not paid enough for), because when I do something, I want to make it good. And the customers really appreciate it and give it back to me.
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                        X