• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

57bpm aged 25

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
      Very variable from 60 to 105, age 74.

However, I wear a pacemaker. Without it, my pulse rate would be very much lower (roughly zero for 98% of the time ). It is set to a fail-safe rate of 45, but I've experienced that only once! And, no matter what I do, I can't get it higher than 165, as it cannot tolerate fibrillation.

At the time of writing this, it's chugging along at a steady 72. BP typically 120-130/65-75 (small chemical aid - without it more like 150-160/95-105)
      Y'know, from time to time I try to picture MURCers. And more and more I think that Brian lives in a suit that sustains his life, much like Lord Vader...

Not that I would in any way insinuate that evil force-powered life-suits are a BAD thing, Lord Ellis!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

74bpm age 40, I surprised myself.

Comment

I wouldn't be too worried Zokes, 80 isnt too bad, it depends on your body size though. Some of the other posts are low balled so it puts it out of perspective, or they truly are unique as said by their doctors (GNEP )

Lance Armstrong is about 32-34bpm - and they don't really get any better than that.
          Last edited by Mehen; 21 July 2006, 20:12.
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen|
            Lance Armstrong is about 32-34bpm - and they don't really get any better than that.
            Actually those professional cyclists have OTHER worries. They have to be careful not to do or consume anything that might LOWER their heart rate, or they could DIE. Their hearts are so overtrained that dropping their BPM any more would be positively deadly.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

I wouldn't be too worried Zokes, 80 isnt too bad, it depends on your body size though. Some of the other posts are low balled so it puts it out of perspective, or they truly are unique as said by their doctors (GNEP )

I'm 6'1" at 195lbs. Today my heart rate is 76bpm, but I didn't consume any caffeine.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

6'2 195lbs and I'm at about 60bpm, @ 20 yrs old. My cardio isn't all that great anymore as compared to how it used to be around age 14-15, but then a serious of lower back injuries and pulls slowed my hockey career almost to a stop and I fell out of shape (relatively). I've been slowly getting my cardio back although not putting near the effort into it that I should. I started hittin the gym in January doin weights, went from about 180lbs to 195lbs now. It is amazing what the high testosterone levels of youth let you push.

edit: and eating a lot of hamburgers helps
                Last edited by Mehen; 22 July 2006, 14:26.
                Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

78bpm
                  Age 34
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Some of the other posts are low balled so it puts it out of perspective, or they truly are unique as said by their doctors (GNEP )
                    Right. Some of us are 'out of the box', putting us in the 1%'ers physiologically . My rate is very low for my age. Cholesterol & bp are also low to the point my physician is scratching his balding head.

That I'm 56, not by any means a normal build (6' 1.5"/275 muscular lbs.) and have far better numbers than his young bony a$$ has him nearly apoplectic. Shows the benefit of good genes
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 24 July 2006, 09:00.
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yeah absolutely agree with the Doc. Don't take my numbers as indicative of a norm by any means... and there are some down-sides too (when I was growing up I would faint if I stood up too quickly, and when I'm not exercising I have to eat almost nothing to avoid putting on lots of weight very quickly - it would appear that I have a very slow metabolism)

Also the period mentioned when I was fit, I was probably training for about 35 hours a week on average (ignoring training camps - ridiculous amounts - and rest periods). Simply no way I could do that now But I do think that being fit when young leaves you a good legacy for the rest of your life.

I just like to think of myself as being big-hearted
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

116/65@65bpm

but I am on 50mg Atenolol (tenormin)/ day

Without it's about 150/85@85bpm

I had a reaction to a sinus medicine that caused it to spike to 200/110 @ 100bpm once
                        Now I just put up with a stopped up nose if I get one.
                        (I don't have many allergies, so it's not much of a problem)

The spike turned out to be a good thing. It got me in for a treadmill test (did great), and got me on the the beta blocker, which might not have happened with the marginal heightened bp.

My cholesterol is about 190 with high good and low bad.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Mines 60bpm, Age 28

Comment

I'm at 110bpm today, but that's normal, I'm stressed out.
                            Titanium is the new bling!
                            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                            X