• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18C right now. Just perfect.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Though tasty looking...it's much too hot to really eat. I Did my BBQ'n at 6am this morning knowing it was going to be another HOT one.

111 F / 43.9 C the high for the last 2 days.

Similar to my weather

Comment

43.9C??????? That's insane.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

N/P eating BBQ ever, especially when your house has A/C that could be used in a freezer

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
            Mmm... good indeed. I was abandoned this evening so I'm just now getting around to dinner. Yumm, instant ramen
            Next time you do that try this quick/cheap meal using leftover meat or bagged shrimp;

2 noodle bricks from Ramen packs
            1 sm can chinese veggies, drained. U pick type.
            1 "soup" pack from the Ramen
            6-8 oz pre-cooked shrimp, thawed & room temp (cooked pork &, chicken ok)
            light soy sauce
            sesame oil

Cook the noodles as directed using enough water for 2 packs.

At 3/4 time add the veggies & finish off noodles. When done mix in meat to warm.

Soy & sesame oil (a few drops max) to taste.

15 min max.
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 July 2006, 20:55.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

i migrate. but it is still in the upper thirties. [i have no tolerance for heat]
              "both boredom and hysteria are the enemies of reason." -cliff geertz

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                43.9C??????? That's insane.
                In which case, it's insane here 3 years/4. It hits 45° 2/4 years, 46° 1/6, 47° 1/25. So far, this year has been cooler but more humid, with 40° hit only once, so far, but the peak temps are usually between 25 July and 12 Aug, so we are just approaching it.
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Not so bad here. Currently 31°C, peak temperature so far this summer was around 36°C.
                  But 47° really IS insane...

Comment

We have been fortunate having the Canadian air pushing down on us, keeping the temps well under 90F for the most part.
                    Today forecast: 86F (30C)
                    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                      Next time you do that try this quick/cheap meal using leftover meat or bagged shrimp...
                      Didn't add any vegetables to the mix, but I had some leftover grilled chicken from the previous night's dinner. Sliced that up and added it to the mix.

Not the greatest meal, but I was working and didn't want to waste time in the kitchen. Thanks for the tip though, have to remember the sesame next time.
                      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

114(45.6) on Saturday, 113(45) yesterday, and it is cooling down to 108(42.2) today
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                          114(45.6) on Saturday, 113(45) yesterday, and it is cooling down to 108(42.2) today
                          To get a better idea of which area those temperatures represent, I googled your Latitude: 37.64083 - Longitude: -121.58943 located below your Icon and it said you live in Yantai China?

Don't know how accurate that is.

Last edited by Elie; 24 July 2006, 12:21.

Comment

he is playint trix with you.. -121 is really (360-121) =239

edit.. you just missed the negative sign.. silly mapquest does not even know longitudes higher than 180 degrees
                            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Working...
                            X