Good Luck Intel MURCers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Luck Intel MURCers!

Just want to wish all the MURCers who are Intel employees, I know there are a few, good luck. I hope the 10% workforce reduction doesn't affect you.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Isn't this reduction mostly about marketing people who menaged to push Netburst around?

Comment

I really need to stop working so much and pay attention to what is going on...

10% you say?
      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
        Isn't this reduction mostly about marketing people who menaged to push Netburst around?
        Yes, but there will be cuts in all areas from what I understand. A lot of R&D and production is going overseas these days, which could affect some of our MURCers.

Comment

Darth is too mean to be laid off...LOL!!!! Arrrr!!!

The good thing is I'm going to get out of the FLASH/Hand Held stuff and back into the latest Logic sometime this year.

I've managed to make myself as valuable as possible this past year so should be OK.

We saw what "Marketing" did to Matrox
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
            Darth is too mean to be laid off...LOL!!!! Arrrr!!!

We saw what "Marketing" did to Matrox
            Why do Companies decide to let marketing run them. They always make a mess of things.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Oopsie;

Intel's Cuts Not Enough for Investors

Intel's Plan to Cut 10,500 Jobs Not Enough to Please Investors; Shares Fall 68 Cents

By JORDAN ROBERTSON

SAN JOSE, Calif. Sep 6, 2006 (AP)— When Intel Corp. Chief Executive Paul Otellini announced an exhaustive review of the company's unprofitable divisions in April, rumors began swirling about scorched-earth job cuts to reverse sinking profits.

But the restructuring plan unveiled Tuesday by the world's largest chip maker including the elimination of 10,500 jobs, or about 10 percent of Intel's work force failed to please investors.

Intel shares fell 68 cents, or 3.4 percent, to close at $19.31 Wednesday on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

Chip industry experts say the bruising was fueled by increased skepticism and a lack of clarity about Intel's strategy to boost profits and win back market share from smaller rival Advanced Micro Devices Inc.

"People don't think it's enough," said Nathan Brookwood, an analyst with the research firm Insight 64. "They were expecting bigger cutbacks and other changes in terms of writing off some inventories that could be a problem for the company over the next quarter or two, and none of those were addressed. It's a good start, but I don't know if this is going to be enough to solve Intel's problems."
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 September 2006, 19:23.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The entire tech industry plummeted today because of Intel It's good to hear that our Intel MURCers are keeping themselves valuable! I've gone through about ... 5 or 6 rounds of lay-offs in the past 3 years, so I know the feeling, and it's not a good one.

Comment

Too bad the simple minded don't understand. It's not about tearing things down but refocusing back on the basics that Intel does better than anyone else. Actually there are more FABs coming on line and larger assembly sites planned.
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                  X