Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

:d

Comment

That pretty much sums it up.

The PS3 is yet another nail in Sony's coffin, and it's not even out yet!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

That's great!
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Could have thought of a better choice of women to use instead of relying on the whole fat girl vs skinny girl thing, but still amusing.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
            That pretty much sums it up.

The PS3 is yet another nail in Sony's coffin, and it's not even out yet!
            Speculations!!

When it's out it will be good

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
              Speculations!!

Even fat women can be great!

I've said too much *runs away*
              /meow
              Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
              Asus Striker ][
              8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
              Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Speculations!!

I wouldn't say no if someone offered to GIVE me one, but at $600? C'mon. Sony is just high on crack. No blue-ray out of box? Do they think that FF13 will sell the system for them?
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I agree I won't buy it myself at that price either, but when people say it's crap without testing it, is beyond me.

We have to wait until it's out to make a sound judgement
                  I think Sony will drop the prices significantly shortly after release (pure speculations on my part )

Comment

For that price, you can build such a killer PC (excluding monitor etc) that a PS3 is a waste of money, unless you're rich and are desperate for new things to spend your money on.
                    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

HA! I pretty much agree with most of all that... still don't see Nintendo using this ad in their campaign though
                      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I agree I won't buy it myself at that price either, but when people say it's crap without testing it, is beyond me.
                        Because it's a Sony. Even when they do develop great tech (which they do sometimes do), their media and marketing divisions cripple and mangle it 'til it's useless.

I don't know that people are saying it's crap, so much as it's a terrible value. You *can* make that kind of judgment based on announced prices and features.

I think Sony will drop the prices significantly shortly after release (pure speculations on my part )
                        You don't have to wait for release to know not to buy it. And unless they cut the prices by 1/3 or more (very unlikely), it won't help. And they've hinted at $80 for games!
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Claymonkey
                          HA! I pretty much agree with most of all that... still don't see Nintendo using this ad in their campaign though
                          Not here in the US anyways. Remember the European and Japanese ads were always more 'revealing' that ours here.

My favorite was for a tennis games where the main portion of the ad was a female tennis player with her rear nicely displayed. Yeah, and there was a screenshot of the game... all tiny-like in the lower left or right corner.
                          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Oh, I'm not saying the SYSTEM is garbage. I'm sure the system will rock, be a little faster than the XBOX360, and generally impressive as hell.

But the XBOX360 was already a little too expensive for Joe Public to buy the full system - and the base system was terribly crippled. Time will tell how angry people get when newer & better games that NEED the hard drive come out and they realize they need a $100+ addon just to play Grand Theft Auto 4: Rape & Murder on the Bayous.

Even if Sony drops the price to match the XBOX soon after release, the damage has already been done on day 1. The local stores have told me off the record that preorders aren't what they were hoping - almost assuredly due to price point and lack of features out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                              The local stores have told me off the record that preorders aren't what they were hoping - almost assuredly due to price point and lack of features out of the box.
                              There's a second factor for that, though. Many places, EB in particular, f*cked over a lot of customers on the XBOX 360 preorders. Preorders aren't worth the paper they're printed on now.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X