Season 3 Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GT98
    Anybody see this past Friday's episode? It totally kicked ass! Had to be one of the best episodes on the series. Won't say anymore because of a major spoiler!
    It was very good Very satisfied with the new turn in the series.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Oddly enough, if you've watched the original series you can usually track some of the parallels and guess what some future events may be. They don't always happen in the same order or within the same time frame, but you can almost be assured it eventually will.

Not all of them of course, but a lot so far.

And yes, definitely a good episode.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
        Anybody see this past Friday's episode? It totally kicked ass! Had to be one of the best episodes on the series. Won't say anymore because of a major spoiler!
        i just finished watching it along with the latest Smallville. you beat me to rezing this thread :P

BSG ep 4 is probably going to be one of best eps in this series :u: ...who here believes Balthar to be a Cylon?

smallville.. they've been teasing about Green Arrow for the past few eps. not gonna give any spoilers yet but i would like to say i found the last convo between Sup and Greeny to be very interesting.
        /meow
        Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
        Asus Striker ][
        8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
        Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Somehow I doubt Baltar is a Cylon. It would answer some lingering questions about certain aspects of the situations he's been in; however, overall it just wouldn't fit his character. Not that it necessarily matters (given Starbuck is a woman), but Baltar was a human in the original series as well (though far less conflicted about his traitorous hand in things).

Episode 4 will be good I'm sure, but ones of the best? Shall have to see.

Comment

Baltar always was a pompous self involved SOB. I can't imagine such a programming flaw to find its way into a cylon. Then again Lucifer had a little 'tude too
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

just got through ep 5 Collaborators... interesting ep, made me think i was watching political news instead of sci-fi.
              /meow
              Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
              Asus Striker ][

Comment

It was a good supporting episode. Nice to see Baltar in the position he occupied in a past life... more or less. Should give us some further insights and glimpses into the Cylon way of life.

Oddly enough, I don't really notice the political commentary as much anymore. More precisely, I've come to expect it, so it's just another part of the show that, while I can draw parallels or similarities to in our lives, I don't think about overly. That's what I love about the show - it can be very political and relevant to our times, but it doesn't necessarily beat you over the head with it or present it from a popular viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw
                  It was a good supporting episode. Nice to see Baltar in the position he occupied in a past life... more or less. Should give us some further insights and glimpses into the Cylon way of life.

Oddly enough, I don't really notice the political commentary as much anymore. More precisely, I've come to expect it, so it's just another part of the show that, while I can draw parallels or similarities to in our lives, I don't think about overly. That's what I love about the show - it can be very political and relevant to our times, but it doesn't necessarily beat you over the head with it or present it from a popular viewpoint.
                  you're right. i was just commenting on where the writers are getting some of thier 'creative writing' from.

i still think baltar is a cylon. a deeply repressed one at that. kinda like boomer was before she was discovered and shot. he seemed to me to be controlled by that delusional six in his head.

there is a hint in one of the eps. i don't remember the # of name of it but Caprica Six was resurected. she had died with baltar from a nuclear shockwave that flattened his house. how did baltar survive caprica?

if he isn't a cylon then he's atleast a human that's been modified by cylons. maybe resurrected with cylon tech?
                  /meow
                  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                  Asus Striker ][

Comment

Wondered about his true nature in that regard as well during the first season, but since I've settled on the conclusion that he's definitely human. If he ends up being a Cylon then his betrayal becomes less than what it is now. Of course that doesn't rule out that he may have been tampered with in some way, though I think the Six he carries around in his mind is akin to the Baltar the resurrected Caprica Six had haunting her for a bit there. Their own personal demons.

As far as him not dying after the shockwave... it's a bit shaky of an explanation given the force of one, but I think the visual reasoning was that Six protected him. If you watch that episode again, she positions herself between the oncoming shockwave and Baltar, as well as hunch over him a bit.

Back to the writers, there's no doubt where they are getting ideas from. I just like how they spin them so they aren't quite what we see around us.

Comment

What real world "collaborator assasinations" are you drawing comparisons to?
                      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

There's no direct comparison situation-wise, but I'd say those in Iraq who have been murdered for working with the coalition or civilian contractors would fall into that category. Other than that, history is littered with far more similar situations (people from losing side collaborate with winning side, losing side comes back into power, executes/imprisons collaborators).

Comment

just got through ep 6.

good one this week. now we taking a good look at baltar.. my theory on him stands he is one twisted mofo.

the end of the ep is definitly an 'oh shit!' moment.
                          /meow
                          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                          Asus Striker ][

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw
                            though I think the Six he carries around in his mind is akin to the Baltar the resurrected Caprica Six had haunting her for a bit there. Their own personal demons.
                            My jury is still out on that one. The Six in his head tells him things he couldn't POSSIBLY have known on his own...
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

After this latest episode I'm damn sure Baltar's not a Cylon, and it has nothing to do with him not becoming infected.

While I stand by my comment about the Six that Baltar sees being a "personal demon", I agree that she's far from a figment of his imagination.

What's interesting is that Baltar remains mum on what he saw aboard the dead Basestar, and I'm going to bet Six does as well, at least to the other Cylons. He may be twisted, but it's more to do with him being a self-invested, haunted individual than anything else.

More interesting is the revelations about how (certain) Cylons view things as well as the hybrids. Jumping almost seems erotic...

Comment

Working...
                              X