No announcement yet.

'Borat' decked....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing Borat to Chaplin is like comparing a match to a tactical nuke, and Borat isn't the nuke.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I got my BSc-degree a few weeks back (after 14 years of hard work ) so I'm taking my colleauges to diner and a movie -> Borat. Wonder what I'll think of it.

BTW, Chaplin was world famous before The Dictator, Modern Times made him that already if he was not yet even earlier. The Dictator could have been made by anyone IMO.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

The guy that punched him should be handed the key to the city.
        #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
        people do all day!"

Comment

I think Borat getting decked just furthers his (Borat's) own "cause". It really proves something about human nature (or New Yorker/American nature?)

And now what is going to happen to that guy who punched Borat? I doubt he is going to stuck with assault charges, after all, he DID have a reason for beating Borat up. Just like the US not having to face consequences for "beating up" on other countries - they have their "reasons" too.
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Sometimes a right cross is just a response provoked by stupidity and not political. How's the old Jim Croce song go?

Now they say
            You don't tug on Superman's cape
            You don't spit into the wind
            You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
            And you don't mess around with Slim'
            I think Borat ran into Slim
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 November 2006, 15:10.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Cohen speaking about his Borat character:

"By himself being anti-Semitic, he lets people lower their guard and expose their own prejudice, whether it's anti-Semitism or an acceptance of anti-Semitism," he says.
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

That's pretty obvious, as are his motivations. Now, if people actually believed he was this idiot that would be one thing, but I would bet there are those who just think it's some big joke and don't get his agenda.

Comment

OK, so I saw the movie. Hilarious at times, embarrasing at spare moments. I found anti-semitism to play smaller role in the movie than I had expected. I think it was a good parody of road-movies, better then a lot of crap Abrahamson (?) submitted as parody. The one thing I found weak was that he did not confront the jewish couple with his alleged anti-semitism.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I saw it last night, was suprised he wasn't shot. Quite funny in places, very grim in others

Comment

Working...
                    X