No announcement yet.

US issues $1 presidential coins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General stupidity of the public might be a reason for non-acceptance. Look what happened here:

The tale of a Taco Bell employee who refused to accept a $2 bill because he thought it wasn't real.

People this stupid should be shot and burned for fuel.

Comment

But what about a $3 one?
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Comment

I'm not a big fan of dollar coins or other small note coins. When I was in England, I HATED carrying around a couple pound coins in my pants...since thats what it felt like I was carring around in weight! I'll take featherweight papernotes instead
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

ahh but there is nothing like being able to actually use a $10 note in a vending machine, and getting change
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Japanese coins and currency, just so you can see the sizes.
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                I'm not a big fan of dollar coins or other small note coins. When I was in England, I HATED carrying around a couple pound coins in my pants...since thats what it felt like I was carring around in weight! I'll take featherweight papernotes instead
                While reading this thread I thought I was the only one who hated carrying coins.

Also dollar coins at the "gentlemen's club" don't work as well .
                Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Hehe, bet that's not a problem in Thailand.

In the S-class they have a small spring loaded money dispenser, near where the ash tray is that holds £1 coins and other demoninations, is handy for parking meters etc. I don't have an S-class though. Thought it was neat.

E-money, like the oyster card (rfid credit card that is used on London transport), should be rolled out to get rid of small change from news paper / confectionary items under £5.

I don't think it would be the same for children, collecting / saving up all the small change, tooth faries, counting it working how much they have, rather than logging onto a secure website to check balance.
                  Last edited by Fluff; 20 November 2006, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                    ahh but there is nothing like being able to actually use a $10 note in a vending machine, and getting change
                    You can. Many vending machines in our area take $1 or up to $5 notes and an increasing number take $10 notes; drinks, snacks, sandwiches, postage stamps etc. The stamp machines accept $20 notes, and those make up 25% of our paper currency.
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 November 2006, 13:05.
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                    X