Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR targets China and Europe

Nascar targets China and Europe

Nascar, the North American motor sports group, is seeking to expand in China and western Europe by marrying its licensing, sponsorship and media expertise with local partners.

"We're sizing it up," Brian France, Nascar's chairman and chief executive, said in an interview with the Financial Times. "We have a couple of people who are looking at that carefully."

The issue, Mr France said, was: "How do we bring the current participants – the track operators, the sponsors – along? How do you bring the people who are doing it here domestically and find a role that's beneficial to them abroad?"

Nascar, which is controlled by the France family, organises more than 1,300 races a year in the US and has recently expanded to Mexico and Canada.

As it has grown beyond its traditional base in rural, southern states, Nascar has become a sought-after partner for corporate sponsors, merchandisers and the media. Its TV audience is exceeded only by the National Football League and sponsors include 110 of the Fortune 500 companies. Nascar has also signed a diverse range of licensing deals.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Get Tom Cruise to do another "Days of Thunder"?

No? Ah well...

“And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw View Post

They are trying to increase the audience
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw View Post

No? Ah well...

Originally posted by gt40 View Post
        They are trying to increase the audience
        Should be fine, as long as there is no Opera and a sofa involved
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
        X