Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showing my age: New receiver has no PHONO input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD players have very strong outputs (say 1Vpp) compared to phono.

I'm sure our resident audio dealer will back me up on that.

No, wait....
    FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
      CD players have very strong outputs (say 1Vpp) compared to phono.
      I understood .7V was the norm.
      I'm sure our resident audio dealer will back me up on that.

No, wait....
      Oh gawd, we'll never find out now
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gt40 View Post
        Oh gawd, we'll never find out now
        After all these years surely it is totally predictable.

1, If you all weren't to stupid to ask a competent dealer you wouldn't have to wonder about these things.

2, Multi national corporations and big box stores have destroyed all the standards.

3, If those companies would just hire real, white Americans to work in their stores and pay a better wage then people could afford to live better.

4, If they could afford to live better then they could shop at a competent dealer.
        4b, Such as mine.

5, QED

PS Oddly, there is a grain of truth to that logic, but it always got lost in the cacophony.
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

FWIW, I do all my shopping at a competant dealer, and get better pricing than the chains offer (on the comparable item).
          For some reason, most folks just feel more comfortable shopping and one of those large chains - possibly because they have a larger presence and therfore a higher recognition factor.
          or they just think those other dealers are out to fleece them.
          If you have any knowledge in audio or video, and have ever asked one of the chains 'salespersons' , the answer would ruin their reputation immediately.
          they have NO clue whatsoever.

oops, am I sounding too much like KvH
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
          X