Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt. Hood climbers search

You guys here about this as well?

Between the pair of women that got washed away along the coast late summer, the guy that probably got drowned when going into the coastal mud flats, Kim who got stuck in the snow and the current three stuck on Mt. Hood, Oregon has become an even better eco-tourist attraction... Come to Visit -- Hope You Survive!
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

New tourism slogan:

"Dance with Darwin in the great Pacific Northwest!"

Kevin

Comment

Search officials and the men's families continue to express optimism, based largely on the climbers' experience and survival know-how.
      Which apparently didn't extend to knowing how to not get into a predicable and deadly situation in the first place. I wonder what it is about the combination of mountains and snowstorms that attract these people like moths to a flame?

Comment

Yeah I hope they end up okay, but honestly they were morons and decided to go up the mountain at this point in the year. Rescuers have to risk their own lives and a lot of money is being spent to find them.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Agreed. Too many 'climbing pros' have excessive regard for their capabilities.

They could still be OK if, as reported, they're using ice caves for shelter. You can last 2+ weeks in those if you close out the wind.
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 December 2006, 19:52.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

News just in is that one person was found dead.

Comment

Working...
            X