There's an Opera in my macbook.

That was one lucky bastard.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

And another of natures mistakes survives to breed
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

looks like there may be a few remnants of other vehicles at the bottom
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

How in the hell does something like that happen? Either way, if the guy was drunk or didn't know how to drive than he narrowly escaped certain death.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

could have been an animal which ran out in front of the car, causing him to hot the guard rail.. how would you react if a deer ran in front of you while driving?
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
              could have been an animal which ran out in front of the car, causing him to hot the guard rail.. how would you react if a deer ran in front of you while driving?
              Knowing there's a steep cliff on the right hand side? I'd brake and hope the deer jumped out of the way.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

That's insane!
                "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

sometimes deer don't give you much of a warning... and if at night, you may not realize there is a cliff there
                  We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

sometimes deer don't give you much of a warning... and if at night, you may not realize there is a cliff there
                    Train your self in this simple rule: "Never swerve to avoid anything while you are driving"

If you are taken unawares enough to need to swerve it is prima facia evidence that you don't know enough about your surroundings to swerve.

Then, if you have full situational awareness, you can decide to make an exception if you need to.

But make the default reaction to assume that swerving is worse than not swerving

(Permanent exception: do anything to avoid hitting a truck head on.)

BTW: can you believe that EMP standing with his heels hanging over the cliff?
                    Foreshortening must make it look worse than it is or he would have a belaying rope or harness on.
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

or a camel
                        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Yeah, a camel can really give you the hump
                          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                          X