Death and Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death and Cancer

Is it just me (well, those around me) or is there an awfull lot of it around right now?

Since before Christmas, death (mostly from some form of cancer) has been a common theme in those around me. I have stopped asking 'did you have a good break' cos the answer is generally 'we lost x' where x ranges from tropical fish to cats to dogs to brothers to husbands to ex-wifes and to grandparents. I've never known a time like it.

FT.

If it's any consolation, thinking back over the last 3 years, the deaths in my immediate circle of friends and acquaintances have been due to
    tsunami (2)
    aircrash (2)
    cardiac infarction (after long history of heart disease) (1)
    cancer (1)
    traffic accident (1)

This does not count brain-dead MURCers
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

It's grim and blunt, but people tend to "hang on" just past, or until Christmas (similarily with bdays). It (death) is always apparent around this time.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

The list just grew by two, and was supplemented by a humorous armed-police dawn raid (mistaken identity fortunately).
        FT.

Comment

Working...
        X