"The Invasion" (2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Invasion" (2007)

Director: Oliver Hirschbiegel (mostly German TV)

Screenplay: Dave Kajganich (rookie)

From: Jack Finneys "The Body Snatchers", a 1950's Collier's magazine serial

Synopsis: A mysterious epidemic is sweeping the world, but it takes one Washington DC psychiatrist to discover that the disease is extraterrestrial in origin. When her son becomes infected, she and a colleague must work together to find a cure, before the entire world is lost.

Nicole Kidman: "Carol", a psychiatrist who takes the place of Kevin McCarty's role in the 1956 film.

Daniel Craig: "Ben"
    Jeremy Northam: "Tucker"
    Jackson Bond: "Oliver"
    Jeffrey Wright: "Dr. Galeano"
    Veronica Cartwright: "Wendy"

Trivia: 8 crew members of cast/crew taken to ER after a stunt car accident, including Nicole Kidman. Also; ending had to be re-shot, indicating script and/or shoot problems.

Dunno.....this almost sounds like one of those films actors do to keep their SAG cards active
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 January 2007, 22:15.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Why does this remind me of scientology?

Xenu vs. the body thetans!
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

The plot sounds stupid, and Oliver Hirschbiegel directing doesn't fill me with hope either. He directed "Das Experiment" which started out nicely, but grew much too cheesy in the second half and especially the end. It would have been a great film had he just kept it like the first half, but he didn't. So he can direct, but he has no taste.
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

This reminds me of the book by Robin Cook called Invasion... it was also turned into a TV movie back in 1997.

wiiieerrdd...
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/....ap/index.html
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

az;

It's a remake of the 50's classic scifi flick ""Invasion of the Body Snatchers", which was remade very well in 1978. IMO no need for #3.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Certainly not with him as a director if there's already good movies. Although this time of course he already has a script, and he can shoot, just his past movies weren't very well written. From a technical point of view, he's not bad.
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
              X