Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIN news!

Live DVD being released Feb 27th:

New album April of this year. News update on Jan. 4th '07 from nin.com, "Final mixing has begun on the new NIN album, scheduled for an April release."

Wiki article for new album: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Zero_%28album%29
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Claymonkey and I were just discussing this today...

Pretty Hate machine is one of my favorite albums.

The Downward Spiral had moments of brilliance, but the use of static as "an instrument" just ruined much of it for me.

Everything since? Purposely dissonant, purposely atonal, purposely "out of whack". Sorry, I like my music to be in tune.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

You didn't like the Broken EP??? It is my favorite NIN cd, even above Pretty Hate Machine. It took me a few listens, but I REALLY enjoy With Teeth as well.

NIN was by far the best show I've been to [haven't had much to compare it to yet (I'm still young), but I've seen Green Day, The Who, Audioslave, Ministry, and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting, in the last couple years]. NIN was above and beyond all of them. Even if you don't like the newer stuff I garauntee the live DVD would be worth it.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

New album: April 17th.

Also available on the net right now. Dloaded today, listening now, if I remember I'll post some sort of mini-review in the next couple days.

Comment

That new one? Perfect Drug or whatever? HORRIFYING.

I mean, it COULD have been a great song! It COULD have been awesome! But instead he purposely put some of the tracks out of synch with others, and PURPOSELY made some of the instruments out of tune.

Purposely playing the wrong thing while someone else plays the right thing... that's not brilliance. It's stupid.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Perfect Drug was 10 years ago. (and just a single for the Lost Highway soundtrack)

New album is called Year Zero.

Comment

Working...
            X