Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Bashing at its Best

http://badvista.fsf.org/
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

If only FSF and FOSS zealots truly cared about the freedoms of computer users, as opposed to promoting their ideology that is all or nothing.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

And as far as I can see, the only things they link to in the "what's wrong with Vista" section of their site... is DRM and DRM.

Guess what guys? Linux hasn't been able to, can't now, and won't in the future be able to play HD content. Why? Because the big **AA companies will only give out that license (and the algorithms to work with the keys) to companies willing to cripple their software in the name of DRM.

Do I like it? No. It's stupid, and MS sold us up the river. But it's the way things are, and now that MS has played ball, there is NO incentive for the **AA to EVER offer the licensing on any other terms. "MS is willing to f*ck your monitor in the a$$ if we say so. Make it explode if you type anything about pirated movies in your blog. If your company won't do that - or at least buy us $10k-a-night whores - then we're not interested in talking!"
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

I'm perfectly happy using Vista, and I have yet to encounter one bit of DRM. I don't use DRM'd media, period. My purchased DVDs get ripped before I ever play them (I hate un-skippable warnings and previews). My music is ripped from CDs. If I can't get it in a DRM free format (either from the source, or by cracking it), I'm not buying it.

Just because Vista allows people to use restricted media doesn't mean you have to use it.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

They said the same thing with Linux and DVD's. Someone will crack the key, and HD content will be on linux.
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Byock View Post
            They said the same thing with Linux and DVD's. Someone will crack the key, and HD content will be on linux.

It's been cracked for a while. HD-DVD at least, Blu-ray still has the BD+ barrier, but the AACS (?) has been cracked.
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Pretty much everything works for me in Vista, except games

Comment

I have everything working, except the Media Center. Runs great one day, dead the next.
                "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Byock View Post
                  I have everything working, except the Media Center. Runs great one day, dead the next.
                  After indexing all the mp3's, avi's, dvd's it concluded that you had to be some sort pirate (hey, no one that isnt a pirate has un-drm'ed content on their hdds ) and decided to prevent you from continuing to pirate
                  Last edited by Technoid; 6 February 2007, 16:51. Reason: I seem to be inable to spell corectly on first try :p
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

LOL, sadly no Mp3, no content at all. Just trying to watch TV.

Comment

Vista not brilliant for video editing. Rendering/encoding takes longer and not all video editors work under it.
                      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                      X