-41.7 C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -41.7 C

That's how cold it got here yesterday...
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

how fun.. here we had -15 or so.. nice and warm
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

-39c (including windchill) here was the low. i think it averaged -37C during the day.
      /meow
      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      Asus Striker ][
      8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
      Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

If it makes you feel any better it's 57 (14c) here right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
          how fun.. here we had -15 or so.. nice and warm
          About the same here, and a year ago I'd agreed, but since I've gone on bloodpressure medication I freeze constantly
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

-28C here at the moment.

Comment

Chicago, the actual low of -9F (-23C) for last night & 0F (-18C) during the day.

Today is warming up, we had +8F (-13C) ..... .

The water mains are popping like crazy around.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Originally posted by ND66 View Post
                Chicago, the actual low of -9F (-23C) for last night & 0F (-18C) during the day.

Today is warming up, we had +8F (-13C) ..... .

The water mains are popping like crazy around.

The one year I lived in the Chicago area it got to -27 F (-33 C) actual and with windchill it was ~-4/50 F (-40/45 C). My brother and I went out in it. We were in 3 layers of clothes and coats with two hats and scarfs. It was rather fun, the entire area was dead quiet that day.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                  The one year I lived in the Chicago area it got to -27 F (-33 C) actual and with windchill it was ~-4/50 F (-40/45 C). My brother and I went out in it. We were in 3 layers of clothes and coats with two hats and scarfs. It was rather fun, the entire area was dead quiet that day.

Wasn't this in 1985?

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

The coldest I've experienced was in Banff Alberta a few years ago. The air temp was -33C, with a windchill nearing -50C. That was the high during the day. We went skiing in that crap. Well, if you can call doing three runs with 30 minute hot chocolate breaks between each one "skiing".
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

This would have been my coldest experience:
                      10 January 1982, Sudbury, Ontario: Low temperature drop to -39.3° C.(-38.7° F) at Sudbury, its coldest night on record.
                      Basically where both scales meet
                      That's without windchill.
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

atleast Mehen's got a warm $100 burger to keep him warm
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by ND66 View Post
                          Wasn't this in 1985?

correct. I lived in Vernon Hills.
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

yeah but no heat or shelter because I spend all my money on hamburgers

Just incase anyone was wondering, that was -41.7 withOUT windchill. Luckily it wasn't too windy. In '96 I believe, we had a day that was in the -40's and it WAS windy. I seem to remember it being ~ -70C with windchill.
                            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

About -2C here (cold enough, thankyou) with 8" of snow predicted for tonight.
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X