No announcement yet.

Zoom!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That the F's will be fixed. I'm not confident the 300X will be before the walls fall in.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yes, I got what you're saying...but I also asked "why" and didn't get a response...

Comment

I told you why. You aren't listening.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Ehhh...ok, here we go...
          Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
          The F-16 and F-22 will be fixed. From the looks of things the A3XX's problems are endemic to the plane, the company culture or both.
          Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
          Uhmmm...how can you know that?
          Much of their problems are obviously corporat culture, and in that environment a high rate of design & production problems are the rule and not the exception. My best example is 1970's NASA and the auto US auto industry until recently.
          OK, but what about the first sentence of your previous post?
          So:
          1. You say something. Two sentences, two opinions.
          2. I ask why (not what) without specifying anything.
          3. You are focused only on part of what you've previously stated...so:
          Yes, I got what you're saying...but I also asked "why" and didn't get a response...
          Do I really have to write "full response"?...

edit: or more precisely - why such unqestionable faith/skipping over some issues with "F"?
          Last edited by Nowhere; 27 February 2007, 21:07.

Comment

The F's before F-22 were fixed, so it's past practice and that F-22 will be fixed is to be expected on that basis.

At least with F-22 the problem was software and not like AirBus's hardware problems; a totally screwed wiring system followed by one problem after another after another. Read their financials and the reports of the stock analyists. The longer this goes on the worse it gets.

Ick.
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 February 2007, 22:25.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I can see the video but WMV's come out all bizarre. It's like watching it in infrared vision. I tried updating the codecs but that didn't do anything.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

The F's before F-22 were fixed, so it's past practice and that F-22 will be fixed is to be expected on that basis.

At least with F-22 the problem was software and not like AirBus's hardware problems; a totally screwed wiring system followed by one problem after another after another. Read their financials and the reports of the stock analyists. The longer this goes on the worse it gets.

Ick.

Oddly enough the wiring problem is software related too.
                They used two incompatible versions of the CAD program to design the frame and the wire bundles.
                The bundles simply don't fit the holes they are supposed to go through.
                I read about it in a very interesting article, I'll try and find a link.

PS One of the things Boeing did with the Dream Liner is require that all subcontractors use exactly the same version of CAD sw even if Boeing had to buy it for them.
                It was a lesson they had learned during the development of the 777.

Here is one, the one I originally read was longer and more detailed. But this gives the gist:

Airbus engineers in Germany, where the plane's rear fuselage section was being built along with the hundreds of miles of electrical wiring that power the main cabin, were using an older version of Dassault Systèmes' trademark Catia computer-aided design software—version 4. Engineers in Toulouse, France, where the A380s were being assembled, were using a newer version of the software, Catia V5.

When the first wiring bundles, large packs of preconfigured wires to power everything from lights to in-seat entertainment systems, began arriving at the assembly plant in Toulouse last June, Streiff said they didn't fit properly from the rear section into the front section of the fuselage. Workers tried to pull the bundles apart and feed the wiring through the fuselage by hand, but with 300 miles of wire and some 40,300 connectors on each plane, the immensity of the problem soon became obvious. An unthinkable blunder had happened—as the computer-aided design files were passed between the different versions of the Catia software, the company said errors occurred. And software experts familiar with the incident say the errors included changes in measurements. Those errors are going to cost Airbus billions.
                Last edited by cjolley; 28 February 2007, 05:03.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Differential Thrust !

Comment

Working...
                  X