No announcement yet.

Musical Instruments - what do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have programs for that - apparently they work quite well.

Flamenco guitar!! very nice
    Last edited by Mehen; 7 April 2011, 14:59.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Drums (blues & jazz mostly), smattering of guitar and a bit of harmonica, none of which I have practiced with since my hand surgeries.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 March 2007, 01:18.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Trumpet from age 12, although i haven't played it in a number of years i still have my original one and a cornet i got for nothing from a local prison band when they disbanded.

I also attempted to learn bass guitar a couple of years ago but just wasn't motivated enough. The bass i have is a 4 string Ibanez. Maybe one day i'll be motivated enough to do something with it.

Is it just me or do we have an unusually high number of trumpet players here on MURC?
        ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

I hesitate to suggest that murc is all hiss and wind
          FT.

Comment

1989 Charvel Fusion Custom with Jackson pick-ups (Standard tuning)
            2005 ESP LTD Viper EC-1000 (Drop D, D tuning, Drop C and C tuning)

Crappy Fender Strat made in China but signed by Metallica (Jason not Rob)

Fender Roc-Pro 1000 practice amp
            Line 6 POD XT Live

will be getting an Ibanez Bass and amp for free in the next couple of days
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by gt40 View Post
              What's better than a rose on a piano?
              Tulips on my organ
              haha
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I thought I'd update this.

Not long after this thread I started helping at my son's brass band. I now play my trombone with them most weeks and find it to be an amazing stress buster. I sometimes have to force myself to go due to time pressures but never regret it.

Luke got good enough on his soprano cornet to do solos in concerts (William Tell at quite a lick comes to mind) but the uneven growth of his teeth mean the large pressure required on such a small mouth peice was a problem so he switched to trombone 2-3 years ago. Now we are the trombone section.

We also got a reasonable electronic piano, which is fun but I still can't read two lines at the same time. Luke plays keyboard in a couple of bands at school. Yes, I can spell vicarious.

Dunno if Guitar Hero World Tour (guitars and drums) counts for this thread?
                FT.

Comment

"Holy thread resurrection, Batman!"

Southpark had a great episode on Guitar Hero... Some of the boys became famous, but then started playing Heroin Hero ...

For me it is still itching to start back with the electrical guitar... So maybe after I've really settled in, I can pick it up again... (guessing summer or so)
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Started on clarinet in elementary, moved on to the bassoon. Marched with the saxophone for a season.
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Acoustic guitar
                      Keyboard
                      Drums
                      Didgeridoo (classmate in college was part Aborigine & taught me)
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Wowzers, my equipment has not changed one bit in 4 years! And I'm still in the same SG/LP dilemma.
                        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Man that's like resurrecting the Oh NO! thread!

Comment

Working...
                          X