The return of the annual F1 season start thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The return of the annual F1 season start thread

I won't mention the result of the Melbourne GP as some in the UK won't see the coverage until the repeat in a few hours time, but it is looking to be an interesting season.

It's a damn shame we never got to see Shumi and Kimi in the same car!

Spoiler embargoe until 19:00 GMT
    FT.

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
    Spoiler embargoe until 19:00 GMT
    Oops. Sorry.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

FT.

Comment

Quite a few changes this year then. Not sure I agree with the stupid 'must run both types of compound' tyre rule.

The pairings to watch will be Kimi/Massa and Alonso/Hamilton. Its about time McClaren were up there again, and they seem to have a winning combination.
        FT.

Comment

Too bad there were no reruns I could watch... It does seem like an interesting season start, judging by the first result.

Ferrari and MacLaren might make an interesting race. But Heidfeld and Fisichella show that the BMW and the Renault do have potential as well. Honda was a bit disappointing, compared to the occasional great race they had last year.

Jörg

PS: There are massive (re)-construction works in progress at Spa Francorchamps, in order to bring the circuit up to date: final chicane has been altered, new pitlane, new stands, ....
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I think Honda have a specific problem. If that's the case and they can solve it quickly enough, my fingers are still crossed for Button.

Spa was always a drivers favourite. I hope the update keeps it that way.
            FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
              Forgot to mention: I really like that "D'Oh" smiley.
              Following your request for such a smiley, I think this might be a worthy candidate.

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
              X