Clear All

• Hang 'em all

I don't even know where to begin

CNN story....

• Child molester, parents, indicted in slaying of Georgia boy
    • Prosecutor says he will seek the death penalty
    • Body of Christopher Barrios, 6, found in trash bag on side of road
    • Slain boy and suspects were trailer park neighbors

SAVANNAH, Georgia (AP) -- A convicted child molester and his parents were indicted Wednesday on charges they molested and then murdered a 6-year-old neighbor boy, whose body was found last week in a trash bag dumped by a roadside.

Glynn County District Attorney Stephen D. Kelley said he will seek the death penalty against George David Edenfield, 32, who has a prior child molestation conviction from 1997, and his parents, David and Peggy Edenfield.

A friend of the Edenfield family, Donald Dale, was indicted on charges of concealing a body and tampering with evidence.

The boy, Christopher Michael Barrios, was missing for a week before police found his body last Thursday. The body was in a black trash bag dumped near a roadside about three miles from his home on the outskirts of Brunswick, a port city in southeastern Georgia.

"They deserve the worst, for them to torture my son like that, every last one of them," said Mike Barrios, Christopher's father.

Authorities have not released many details about the case, including how the child was killed or how long his abductors might have kept him alive. Other charges against the Edenfields include false imprisonment, cruelty to children and enticing a child for indecent purposes.

Police have described George David Edenfield as mentally slow, but not retarded and capable of understanding right from wrong.

Edenfield had to register as a sex offender in Georgia. He and his parents lived across the street from Christopher's grandmother and less than 600 feet from where the kindergartner met his school bus.

A Georgia law passed last year prohibits registered sex offenders from living within 1,000 feet of a school bus stop. That would have barred the younger Edenfield from living so close, but a pending lawsuit prompted a federal judge last year to block that provision from taking effect.

George David Edenfield pleaded guilty in 1997 to molesting two boys, ages 7 and 9. Prosecutors said he rubbed his clothed body "in a sexual manner" against the boys, who also were fully dressed. He was sentenced then to 10 years on probation.

His father pleaded guilty to incest in 1994. He was accused of having sex with an adult relative; the relative was not his son.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 March 2007, 17:07.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

"a prior child molestation conviction from 1997"??????? why the F***K did they let him out????????!!!!

Comment

Liberalism run amok in the justice system. They think these predators can be cured, which of course is not the case.

Thanks to "Jessica's Law" being passed in ~38 states new convictions will be stiff with some being 25 years or death even without a murder, but some states still resist passing it and we still have to deal with the short timers.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 March 2007, 08:14.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

New details of the crime here. Horrific.

Look at their eyes. They are NOT HUMAN. They look human. They probably smell human, they're able to act human well enough to get along in society SOMEWHAT. But they are something different. In the old days they would have been said to have been possessed by demons. It's more likely they were born lacking some essential intrinsic human quality that's nothing more complicated than simple Humanity.

These beings, whatever they are, need to be euthanized, for their mercy and our protection.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X