• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 3rd Tesla car leaked in Wired interview

Elon Musk interview with Wired....

Listen to the long interview, 22 min, and you get this:

On Tesla Motors he states there will be 3 cars;

1. the $90k roadster. Knew about that.

2. the $40k 5 seat sedan. Knew about that too.

3. a $30k mass market model

He also hints that while the big car companies haven't made an offer for Tesla they've been sniffing around.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
    He also hints that while the big car companies haven't made an offer for Tesla they've been sniffing around.
    That would be the death of Tesla!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Not in todays environment. With Congress ready to pass strict CAFE standards and the White House sounding like they'll sign them the makers are hustling on the electric front.

GM has their Volt system fast-tracked to the point they've suspended the next group of rear wheel drive models and redirected the funding. They're also hiring 400 new engineers, most of them for the alternative power plant departments.

That leaves Ford and Chrysler. Ford has their own electric program about 1-3 years behind GM's....within range at least.

With Chrysler likely to be bought by Cerberus Mgt. and further back I wouldn't be suprised if Cerberus put in seed money to accelerate Chryslers electrification. That could be buying Tesla or an arrangement with TM4 Transport in Quebec. They make in-wheel motors, engine/generator units for serial hybrids, control units and most everything else Chrysler would need.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 May 2007, 00:32.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X