Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARGHHHHH!! DAMN "you got to have xp ptrofessional" morons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARGHHHHH!! DAMN "you got to have xp ptrofessional" morons!

So we received yet another computer that ha some unspecified error that makes it blue screen before it reaches the login screen.

And when it does boot into safemode you find out 2 things:

1. It's for some reason in polish....

2. The XP is a professional and the license sticker is for a Swedish xp home.

WTF

The owners dont speak polish, but their "computer expert friend" does so he installed professional because "everybody knows professional is so much more stable than home"

UGH!

Now they want me to fix the language, but without reinstall.....

I'm tempted to just fix the bluescreen error and say "sorry, no can do" about the language thing....

That's one thing that vista does better......

I just wish that the "expert friends" could stop "fixing" things that work..

Arghhhhh....

Back to work....
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Luckily, some of us are in a field where we have the luxury of saying "no, I'm sorry this software is illegal we can't work with it".
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Well, yeah, the most popular operating system here is pirated Windows XP pro...after all, it's a must! (same with highest vesrion of latest MS Office, and some time ago Creative soundcard, Intel cpu on Via mobo, Nvidia gfx card (even if it's lowest end), etc....)

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
        Luckily, some of us are in a field where we have the luxury of saying "no, I'm sorry this software is illegal we can't work with it".
        I'm tempted to try that approach, but whit the language barrier its easier to just say "Can't fix it" take your HP and show it, have a nice day
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Use "it's illegal so mostly unpatched = virus/spyware prone"?

(BTW spyware/botnets/spam - recently our "national" (mostly monopolist) provider of DSL acces (so it serves mostly homes with unpatched XP pro) landed of top of list of providers responsible for most spam in the world... )

Comment

Working...
          X